Founded by The Allstate Corporation in 2016, Arity is a data and analytics company focused on improving transportation. We collect and analyze enormous amounts of data, using predictive analytics to build solutions with a single goal in mind: to make transportation smarter, safer and more useful for everyone.
At the heart of that mission are the people that work here—the dreamers, doers and difference-makers that call this place home. As part of that team, your work will showcase both your intelligence and your creativity as you tackle real problems and put your talents towards transforming transportation.
That’s because at Arity, we believe work and life shouldn’t be at odds with one another. After all, we know that your unique qualities give you a unique perspective. We don’t just want you to see yourself here. We want you to be yourself here.
The Scrum Master is accountable for monitoring the scrum processes and scrum meetings and for leading a matrixed team through software development life cycle processes. The Scrum Master increases team efficiency, motivates the team, and advocates for changes that will ensure quality and timeliness. The Scrum Master ensures observance of the "Definition of Done". This role will receive demand from multiple functions (product management, marketing, sales, finance, engineering, customer success and operational excellence) and partner with multiple development partners to build scalable software. This includes leading teams through agile scrum software development with cross functional communication, software technical project management, requirements traceability, source code control, test case management and defect tracking. This position may lead other scrum masters of multiple agile teams and report status of multiple agile features to leadership.
- Scrum Master is responsible in facilitating daily scrum, spring planning, sprint demo and restrospective meetings. May be responsible for facilitating Scrum of Scrums.
- Partners with product owner to ensure product backlog quality and readiness for the next sprint.
- Responsible for conflict resolution within scrum teams by focusing on scrum values of openness, honesty and respect.
- Responsible for forecasting the numbers of deliverables possible in an iteration, based on evidence and reliable sources.
- Creates useful, reliable and practical plans for software development projects.
- Delivers written and verbal updates on sprint progress, metrics and complicated features/issues in an easily understood simplified style to multiple audiences.
- Coaches scrum teams on agile practices.
- Helps teams or individuals to clarify goals and actions to achieve them.
- Identifies, coordinates and communicates team dependencies across organization.
- Motivates team to share in product challenges and inspires them to achieve team goals.
- Recommends improvements and drives alignment across teams and organization.
- Scrum Master is a servant first, who serves his/her team members before considering himself/herself.
- Education: College degree
- Experience: 5-10 years of related scrum master experience
- Certified Scrum Master certification; strong knowledge of scrum theory, rules and practices.
- Basic knowledge of software development processes and procedures to understand team needs.
- Demonstrated track record of delivery in a scrum methodology with a strong focus on execution – ideally in software development
- JIRA/Confluence experience
- Ability to shield teams from outside distractions and interferences.
- Ability to ensure the correct use of scrum process.
- Ability to track and remove impediments
- Ability to predict risk areas, design mitigation/contingency strategies and execute on these strategies to avoid issues
- Ability to adapt and respond to changes both inside and outside the projects/program
- Strong written/verbal communication and facilitation skills for communicating at all levels; including strong presentation skills
- Demonstrate strong skills in team leadership and conflict management
- Strong people oversight and mentoring skills
- Strong consultative, customer focus skills
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Visio, Project, PowerPoint, SharePoint)
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
That’s the day-to-day, now let’s talk about the rest of it. As we mentioned, Arity was founded by The Allstate Corporation. But you’ll be working for—and at—Arity. It’s the best of both worlds. You’ll get access to the full suite of Allstate benefits and work in a fast-paced startup culture. That’s more than just free breakfasts, brain breaks and ping pong. It’s a culture that encourages you to be you.
Sound like a fit? Apply now! We can’t wait to meet you.
Arity.com Instagram Twitter LinkedIn
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.