Associate Marketing Project Manager
Associate Marketing Project Manager
Provide project management necessary for the company to execute and lead small and medium complexity marketing and business partner projects. Develop and manage accurate project plans with clearly defined milestones, deliverables, and tasks, ensuring problems are addressed appropriately. Facilitate and organize the marketing team in partnership with a number of cross-functional team members per project. Your program planning focus will be primarily on projects of small to medium complexity. This role will focus on supporting marketing and noncore business partner led projects, with responsibility for executing on established programs and one off tactical requests.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and lead executional project plans for marketing/business partners and monitor progress and delivery against critical milestone dates.
- Facilitate planning discussions/meetings across marketing and non-core business partners
- Utilize unique problem solving when needed to adjust the standard project plan in order to best achieve delivering the project on time and on objective.
- Take corrective action to keep your projects on track. Ensure a responsive, seamless, on-time and on-budget process.
- Engage with a sense of urgency on projects assigned to you at the weekly intake meeting.
- Review documentation submitted with each of the projects to ensure all details are available to hold an effective creative kickoff. Work directly with your partners to identify missing information before engaging additional creative resources on the project.
- Ensure business partners and creative resources are continuously aligned on the scope of the project, the timing of key deliverables, and the health of each project.
- Act as primary point of contact for all issues on each project, help elevate and resolve most issues during creative execution as they are identified throughout the project.
- Proactively identify risks to delivering specific projects on-time and on-budget, and then work to identify a plan to mitigate the risk that is also accepted by business partners and creative resources.
- Manage each of your project's on-time performance, and support solutions implemented across the team to improve overall on-time performance.
- Track and measure project time spent per project so leadership can actively see resource allocation across the business priorities.
Preferred Education & Experience:
- BA/BS or equivalent experience preferred.
- 1-3 years general professional experience. Marketing experience preferred.
- Associates degree in marketing, business, or sales. BA preferred.
- Demonstrated experience leading and managing multiple simultaneous projects.
- Familiarity of project management best practices, tools, and processes
- You have achieved success in managing and executing marketing-related projects and campaigns.
- You thrive in an environment with a large quantity of consistent yet simultaneous projects
- You have the proven ability to engage project team members while building consensus for proposed solutions.
- You can effectively solve problems by balancing the role of 1st level support with the need to escalate for more senior support
- You consistently act with a sense of urgency and responsiveness
- You are detailed oriented
Grainger is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.