The Associate Project Manager within Solutions Delivery has two primary objectives. The first objective is to effectively lead implementation teams for deployment of GHX core products for the provider and supplier community. This would involve managing multiple implementations simultaneously and working with a cross-section of Solutions Delivery project resources. The second objective would include providing analytical and administrative support to Scrum Team Leaders. This involves analyzing project schedules, monitoring key project metrics, and participating in team meetings as directed in support of complex implementation projects.The position requires a general knowledge base in project management, a demonstrated knowledge of the software development lifecycle, and strong communication skills. Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Works on Solutions Delivery project teams and leads implementation projects in the following areas:
- Serves as the primary point of contact with key customers for implementation of GHX core products, leading coordination calls and aligning GHX activities with customer activities.
- Leads and facilitates customer/project "kick off "session to review assumptions and customer expectations, gather requirements, educate customer on products and services, etc.
- Identifies and schedules project deliverables, milestones and required tasks, providing early visibility to schedules/milestones that are at risk.
- Manages and updates project plans and schedules for assigned projects, and supports Scrum Team Leaders in doing the same across the project portfolio.
- Directs and coordinates activities for project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule. Assists team members in completing customer defined deliverables and in producing key project artifacts to document the implementation.
- Maintains product knowledge to increase efficiency in delivery of products and may even gain expertise to train customers on implemented solutions.
- Assists the Scrum Team Leader with project best practices, techniques, and tools for project planning/prioritization, execution, project management, ongoing milestone/deliverable tracking, communication, and key performance metrics.
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) Certification or equivalent preferred.
- Experience managing multiple small projects simultaneously, preferably in the technology or healthcare arena.
- Healthcare technology implementation experience a plus.
- Experience working in the practice of agile is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree and 3 or more years of experience participating on or leading project teams.
- Experience with software development, implementation or integration projects either in a leadership role or as a major team contributor. Must have a basic understanding of the software implementation life cycle.
- Knowledge of project management methods and processes and demonstrated success in delivering project scope on time and within budget.
- Proven experience managing key customer relationships and projects.
- Excellent facilitation, analytical and organizational skills.
- Superior ability to multi-task, self-motivated and passionate about learning new technology.
- Significant experience with MS Project, MS Excel, MS Word and MS PowerPoint.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Ability to analyze and diagnose project performance problems and recommend effective corrective actions.
Estimated salary range: $52,500 - $72,450The base salary range represents the anticipated low and high end of the GHX's salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary and will be based on various factors, such as candidate's qualifications, skills, competencies and proficiency for the role. The base salary is one component of GHX's total compensation package for employees. Other rewards and benefits include: health, vision, and dental insurance, accident and life insurance, 401k matching, paid-time off, and education reimbursement, to name a few. To view more details of our benefits, visit us here: https://www.ghx.com/about/careers/GHX: It's the way you do business in healthcare
Global Healthcare Exchange (GHX) enables better patient care and billions in savings for the healthcare community by maximizing automation, efficiency and accuracy of business processes.GHX is a healthcare business and data automation company, empowering healthcare organizations to enable better patient care and maximize industry savings using our world class cloud-based supply chain technology exchange platform, solutions, analytics and services. We bring together healthcare providers and manufacturers and distributors in North America and Europe - who rely on smart, secure healthcare-focused technology and comprehensive data to automate their business processes and make more informed decisions.It is our passion and vision for a more operationally efficient healthcare supply chain, helping organizations reduce - not shift - the cost of doing business, paving the way to delivering patient care more effectively. Together we take more than a billion dollars out of the cost of delivering healthcare every year. GHX is privately owned, operates in the United States, Canada and Europe, and employs more than 800 people worldwide. Our corporate headquarters is in Louisville, Colorado, just outside of Denver, with additional offices in Europe, Atlanta, Georgia, Chicago, Illinois, and Omaha, Nebraska.GHX provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. GHX complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.GHX expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of GHX's employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.