Associate Project Manager
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
The job pitch section can be used by recruiters/hiring managers to sell the job, team, BU or otherwise and is part of the job posting only (not description).
Responsible for serving as a single point of contact for assigned projects and takes projects from original concept through final implementation. Manages diverse, moderately complex projects or multiple projects, including project planning, execution, timing, functionality, quality, and cost. Maintain documentation of procedures, results, action plans and due dates, as well as coaching.
- Assist with implementation coordinating with vendors.
- Utilize expertise and leadership skills to define project scope and objectives, gather requirements, develops detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans, and status reports.
- Ensures adherence to quality standards, review project deliverables, and resolve issues to ensure project goals and requirements are met on time and within budget.
- Provides technical and analytical guidance to project team. Recommends and take action to direct the analysis and solutions of problems.
- Organizes, supervises, and improves design for delivery and support, assisting onsite and offshore teams’ performing activities.
- Communicates with end-users to provide timely and accurate information and status updates.
- Assists in building and maintaining reporting using various tools based on requirements of business partners.
- Conducts project meetings and is responsible for project tracking and analysis.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Associate’s Degree in Finance, Mathematics, Business, or related technical field
- 2+ years of experience in an Operations role
- In lieu of a degree, 4+ years of experience in an analyst or a project management role
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
4+ years of experience in an analyst or a project management role
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.