Associate Release Manager at Jellyvision
Jellyvision is hiring an Associate Release Manager
Jellyvision’s headquarters is in Chicago, and, post-COVID, many of us will be returning to the Chicago offices (by choice, not requirement -- our philosophy is “Flexible First”). But this position is also eligible for work by a remote employee out of CA, FL, GA, IL, KY, MA, MI, MN, NY, NC, OH, OR, PA, TX, UT, WA, or WI.
What we do
We’re the proud parents of ALEX®, an interactive employee communications platform that makes choosing (and using) employee benefits easier and more enjoyable. Our credo is a simple one: be helpful. And we think the best way to achieve that is with a staff that reflects the vast range of ideas, perspectives, and experiences of the millions of people who use our products.
Who we are
As Jellyvision grows, we need people to manage and continuously improve the process for building and maintaining software releases and infrastructure changes. Our Associate Release Manager will join the Release Management team to ensure that all our customers receive ongoing, continuous updates to their products. Leading with detail orientation, organization, and an eye for interconnected systems, they’ll deliver product updates on time and with low risk.
What you’ll do
- Deploy product updates to customers in their production and staging environments through the global sync process
- Maintain documentation, reporting, and resources for the global sync and release processes
- Serve as liaison between the Customer Operations team and the Technology and PMO departments
- Implement process changes to improve efficiency and effectiveness of global syncs and release processes
- Train Customer Operations team on process updates related to global syncs
- Consult with incident response team in diagnosing and resolving product issues
- Develop and communicate detailed release plans and schedules
- Understand the roles of product managers, SREs, engineers and QA in code deploys and/or infrastructure changes
- Confirm completion of pre-release requirements and work closely with cross-functional teams to account for dependencies
- Research and understand risk and impact to a given set of changes to a production environment
- Identify, establish and collect data during and after deploys for continuous improvement
- Participate in change management meetings and initiatives to discuss release scope
Experience & skills you’ll need
- 2+ years of experience in project or process management
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work with teams that have different communication styles
- Experience managing competing priorities across multiple teams and initiatives
- Detail oriented, comfortable asking critical questions and the ability to take complex sets of information and translate it into action
- Communicates effectively
- Manages ambiguity
- Drives results
- Decision quality
- Being resilient
Jellyvision is committed to continuous evolution and to fostering a more diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone is welcomed, valued, and respected. It doesn’t matter your race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity, sex, or country of origin...we just want amazing people who are willing to grow along with us.
Thanks for your interest in Jellyvision!