Associate, Scrum Master
Discover. A more rewarding way to work.At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity: Job Description:
Seeking a Business Analyst / Project Manager to serve as a Scrum Master and analyst for Enterprise Application System and Tools (EAST) Team. As a Scrum Master on EAST Tea, you will work with an agile development team to deliver enterprise applications and platforms that support and enable the Discover Developer Community. You will be working with architects and be in the middle of Discovers Transformation all giving you access to cutting edge technology.
- Exhibit Lean-Agile leadership
- Supports the team rules
- Facilitate the teams progress toward team goals
- Leads team efforts in relentless improvement
- Facilitate meetings
- Support the Product Owner
- Eliminate impediments
- Protects and communicates
- Coordinate inter-team cooperation / effectiveness
- Coordinate with other teams
- Facilitate preparation and readiness for ART ceremonies
- Support estimating
- Promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to require standards and processes
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in a Computer Science related field) or the equivalent work experience
- 1+ year working in a technology environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Self-motivated with high level of initiative and strong work ethic.
- Ability to manage various tasks/projects simultaneously.
- Flexible and adaptive to changes.
- Skilled at working independently and in a team setting.
- Proficient with MS Office, MS Project and Visio.
- Agile (Scrum) experience is a plus We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.