Associate Scrum Master
Discover. A more rewarding way to work.At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity: Job Description:
The DPL Acquisition Value Stream is currently seeking a Scrum Master to join our team. The agile teams deliver technology solutions which support Discover personal Loans. In this role, the Scrum Master will work directly with technical developers, testers, product owners, product managers, and other technology areas to ensure rapid product delivery. .The Scrum Master (SM) is a servant leader enabling their team to work as effectively as possible. Removes bottlenecks and issues that slow down the team’s progress. Coaches the team to own and continuously improve their process and practices. Facilitates mandatory scrum team meetings and ensures scrum practices are adhered to by the team.
Responsibilities include: Drives the team to high performing levels by creating a healthy Agile environment, provides Agile coaching to team (test first, XP, etc)
- Schedules and facilitates all relevant meetings for the release, including sprint pipeline grooming, release planning, sprint planning and daily stand ups/huddles
- Protects the team, facilitates the removal of issues/blockers/impediments, and helps the team resolve dependencies
- Responsible for facilitating the sprint pipeline grooming that gets the User Story to Ready state
- Manages the release and sprint timelines, follows up on key action items
- Assesses the scrum team’s velocity for the upcoming sprint and tracks the sprint health
- Facilitates the sprint review and demo, sprint retrospective. Captures and distributes feedback
- Provides status updates to Product Owners, business stakeholders and management, as needed
- Completes Product Development Process (PDP) documentation
- Maintains release information in Clarity and Rally
- Ensures test environment is set up properly, with all necessary dependencies and test data
- Plans and coordinates testing environment deployments, production installs and assures they are complete
- Identify dependencies between agile teams and help communicate and resolve dependencies between different teams.
- Participate in Scrum of Scrums forum within the Agile Release Train to communicate agile teams progress, dependencies and impediments
- Promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes. Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in a Technology centric major)
- 2+ years working in a technology environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Self-motivated with high level of initiative and strong work ethic.
- Ability to manage various tasks/projects simultaneously.
- Flexible and adaptive to changes.
- Skilled at working independently and in a team setting.
- Proficient with MS Office, MS Project and Visio.
- Agile (Scrum) experience is a plus #LI-MF1 We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.