Associate Scrum Master
Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
Highly motivated Scrum Master to work on the Banking Platform Shared Services team at Discover. This position will organize and facilitate Finacle platform and Banking Services delivery and will work directly with support engineers, testers, Value Stream Architects, other Scrum Masters, Product Owners, Product Managers, and other technology areas to ensure rapid product delivery.
The Scrum Master (SM) is a servant leader enabling their team to work as effectively as possible. Removes bottlenecks and issues that slow down the teams progress. Coaches the team to own and continuously improve their process and practices. Facilitates mandatory scrum team meetings and ensures scrum practices are adhered to by the team
- Drives the team to high performing levels by creating a healthy Agile environment
- The role will become very well versed in the technical landscape of the banking platform. Ideal candidates will be highly organized, have strong communication skills and enjoy working with a variety of resources.
- Schedules and facilitates all relevant meetings for the release, including sprint pipeline grooming, release planning, sprint planning and daily stand ups/huddles
- Protects the team, facilitates the removal of issues/blockers/impediments, and helps the team resolve dependencies
- Responsible for facilitating the sprint pipeline grooming that gets the User Story to Ready state
- Manages the release and sprint timelines, follows up on key action items
- Facilitates the sprint review and demo, sprint retrospective. Captures and distributes feedback
- Provides status updates to Product Owners, business stakeholders and management, as needed
- Completes Product Development Process (PDP) documentation
- Maintains release information in Clarity and Rally
- Make decisions and ensure that all components (Code, infrastructure, Database components) are available in the environment for successful release testing
- Plans and coordinates testing environment deployments, production installs and assures they are completed.
- Candidate will also work on Change tickets, attend CAB (Change Advisory Board) review calls and be the point of contact for all Changes that impact Banking Platform and Banking services.
- Consult change ticket sponsors about the timelines and necessary information when performing the change and make decisions to avoid any traffic conflicts and to minimize any impact on applications.
- Lead and participate in the monthly Bank release changes. Coordinate with multiple BT teams to ensure successful releases.
- Ensure all necessary technical components are installed in Production and all technical pre requisites are met for successful Production installs
- Work with BT and Business to ensure validations are completed and signed off in an expeditious manner.
- Notify business partners and vendors in advance for any anticipated outages due to installs.
- Promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes.
- Bachelors Degree (Preferably in a Technology centric discipline) or the equivalent work experience
- 1+ years work experience
- First level Scrum Master certification (CSM, PSM I)
- Experience with application development techniques, release planning, project management, testing and change coordination
- Knowledge of Agile approaches such as: XP, Kanban etc.
- Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
- Excellent communication skills
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.