Budget Consultant (Bidding - BASES Innovation Team) at NielsenIQ
The NielsenIQ BASES team is the worldwide leader in analyzing and consulting on new consumer products and we are at the core of our clients’ new product launch strategies. We work with clients at all stages of new product development, from early-stage ideation to optimizing communication and positioning, package design, and predicting and growing in-market sales.Job Description
About the Job
Budget Consultants provide consultative guidance to our commercial teams as they propose to clients, supporting the research teams by providing guidance for fielding methodologies and panel feasibility, supporting panel partners throughout the life cycle of our projects. This enables us to ensure the projects run smoothly, are profitable to our company, and provide good useful data to our clients.
Duties & Accountabilities
- Fully versed on all services, methodologies & requirements.
- Clear, concise and professional in communication with internal departments and with external agencies.
- Demonstrates accuracy in use of scheduling, bidding and project management tools as necessary (i.e. Workbench, Bidding, Studio, etc.)
- Solution-oriented in resolving feasibility issues and recommending solutions.
- Accurately manages feasibility and supplier bid requests including all relevant information, consulting on missing or inaccurate information and flagging watchouts.
- Actively consults with commercial teams on a wide range of studies regarding sample needs and methodology specifics.
- Seeks opportunities/shows enthusiasm for value added projects beyond the ‘normal’ project specific work
- Offers up clear solutions and potential impacts from implementation to Commercial teams.
- Proactively identifies High Priority studies and works with internal teams to execute successfully.
- Works directly with 3rd party vendors to successfully manage expectations for sampling requirements and executing projects. Ensure that vendors understand and follow best practices as set forth by leadership.
- Provides feedback to vendors and internal leaders as appropriate.
- Records accurate and timely data for metrics tracking and financial reporting
- Willing to work as a team regionally and globally by taking on shared tasks such as vacation coverage, etc.
- Contributes in team discussions and non-production projects as needed.
- Works well with other internal partners across Commercial and Operational teams in order to deliver on time and high quality study execution. Foster a professional and friendly environment while working with others across the business.
You are a creative problem solver that takes pride in your ability to manage multiple inputs into user-friendly and data-driven recommendations to our internal teams. You are someone who values working on a diverse, inclusive team and can provide our clients with innovative solutions. You constantly seek to learn new things.
Requirements & Skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and databases
- Attention to detail
- Customer service / consulting skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Multi-tasking skills
- Oral and written communication skills in English
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 1-2 years experience in an office environment
- Ability to handle stress well
- Strong organizational skills
- Assertive, but flexible and positive attitude
- Ability to work individually as well as in a team environment
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
NielsenIQ is a global measurement and data analytics company that provides the most complete and trusted view available of consumers and markets worldwide. We provide consumer packaged goods manufacturers/fast-moving consumer goods and retailers with accurate, actionable information and insights and a complete picture of the complex and changing marketplace that companies need to innovate and grow. Our approach marries proprietary NielsenIQ data with other data sources to help clients around the world understand what’s happening now, what’s happening next, and how to best act on this knowledge. We like to be in the middle of the action. That’s why you can find us at work in over 90 countries, covering more than 90% of the world’s population. For more information, visit www.niq.com.
NielsenIQ is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.