Business Management Specialist at SMS Assist
- Analyze trends and establish departmental policies, practices, and procedures that have a significant impact on sales process, sales operations, forecasting, revenue, sales targets and other financial analysis efforts.
- Implement and communicate best practices based on relevant business analysis for sales and pricing strategies (win/loss, close rates, renewal rather, etc.).
- Implement reporting and operating cadence to measure and manage all facets of new business generation from lead to deal closure to deal post mortems.
- Partner with senior leadership and field sales team to forecast new business and deliver against this forecast based on analytics and rigorous deal inspection.
- Contribute to the strategic planning, direction, and goal setting for the department or function in collaboration with senior leadership for:
- Account segmentation
- Sales coverage
- Territory planning
- Sales capacity
- Incentive compensation
- Serve as a subject matter expert to departments on sales, operations and pricing best practices
- Provide leadership, coaching and/or mentoring to junior team members
- Foster a positive team environment
- Ensure confidentiality of internal and external data
- Require general coaching and supervision
- Perform ad-hoc projects and other duties as assigned
These are the professional skills we would expect from an individual fully established in this role.
- Verbal Communication - Advanced
- Written Communication- Advanced
- Teamwork - Advanced
- Analysis - Advanced
- Problem Solving - Advanced
- Relationships - Advanced
- Team Work- Advanced
- Prioritization- Advanced
Role Specific Skills
- Computer Skills: Proficiencies in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook required
- System Experience: Tableau, SQL preferred
- Proficient project management skills with the ability to organize and manage multiple projects simultaneously from origin through execution
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- At least 3 years of sales strategy, sales operations or strategy consulting (with relevant B2B sales support experience) experience; ideally has worked with technology or tech-enabled business services companies
- Extensive experience with the concepts and principles of one or more related fields or departments required
- Understanding of CRM’s and sales reporting required
Other Relevant Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree and exemplary undergraduate performance required
- MBA preferred
Please note, this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities, and schedule may change at any time with or without notice.
SMS Assist is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law