Business Project Manager
Are you a problem solver? Do you have a passion for building projects from the ground up?
Groupon’s mission is to become the daily habit in local commerce and fulfill our purpose of building strong communities through thriving small businesses by connecting people to a vibrant, global marketplace for local services, experiences and goods. In the process, we’re positively impacting the lives of millions of customers and merchants globally. Even with thousands of employees spread across multiple continents, we still maintain a culture that inspires innovation, rewards risk-taking and celebrates success. If you want to take more ownership of your career, then you're ready to be part of Groupon.
The Health, Beauty, Wellness Operations team is responsible for leading and delivering, as well as optimizing, programs and services that are essential to the success of our beauty business. As a part of this team, you will be responsible for major initiatives that impact the sales, merchandising, and product organizations.
We are looking for a Business Project Manager who will focus on measuring, interpreting, and making strategic recommendations on the direction of projects, at times representing the perspective of the beauty team on the wider organizational level. This team member will work closely with multiple departments to solve issues and implement process changes. This will include project tracking from initiation to completion, management of projects on a global scale, and working closely with business leaders and cross-departmental leaders to ensure successful and consistent communication throughout each project.
We're a "best of both worlds" kind of company. We're big enough to have resources and scale, but small enough that a single person has a surprising amount of autonomy and can make a meaningful impact. We're curious, fun, a little intense, and kind of obsessed with helping local businesses thrive. Does that sound like a compelling place to work?
You'll spend time on the following:
You will lead and implement the launch of new programs, concepts, and products
- You will optimize current processes by assessing the ongoing effectiveness of major programs
- Lead concurrent projects with cross-functional teams in a fast-paced environment, while maintaining strong communication and documentation
- Design communication and training strategies, including identifying the appropriate learning process, timing, execution, and delivery
- Facilitate and directly drive critical issue resolution and eliminate roadblocks. Serve as the key escalation point for all critical issues and initiatives.
- You will demonstrate operational and executional ownership for numerous ad-hoc programs that either fall between or cover multiple VP organizations
- Liaise with senior management regarding major product rollouts
- You will create yearly and quarterly business review documents
- Act as liaison between operations and sales by conducting regular meetings with sales leadership to find opportunities for improvement in reporting and processes.
- Collect, analyze, and evaluate data to track project performance and important developments; synthesize raw data into digestible and actionable information
- Assist in the creation of dashboards to measure performance along a number of different financial, strategic, and competitive dimensions
We're excited about you if you have:
- Bachelor's degree in a business related field, preferred
- 3+ years experience where strong execution was necessary to drive business results in a fast-paced and demanding setting
- Strong problem solving, negotiating, influencing, facilitation, organization, prioritization, decision making, and conflict resolution skills
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently and raise concerns to your manager swiftly
- Possess expert organizational and documentation skills necessary for proficiently and diligently executing programs, processes and strategies
- Advanced written and oral communication skills, including the ability to present to large groups
- Ability to lead, manage, persuade, and interact with sales, product, and organizational leaders effectively
- Able to convey complex information to non-technical stakeholders
- Deeply analytical, with advanced Microsoft Excel, SQL, and other relational databases; familiar with building/modifying advanced SQL code including subqueries, temporary tables, aggregation, and data modeling; experience with Python and Tableau a plus
- Not only capable, but passionate, about promoting a high-energy and solutions-oriented work environment.
Groupon provides a global marketplace where people can buy just about anything, anywhere, anytime. We’re enabling real-time commerce across an expanding range of categories including local businesses, travel destinations, consumer products, and live or lively events. At the same time, we are providing advertising options and tools that merchants can use to grow and manage their businesses. Culturally, we believe that great people make great companies and that starting with the customer and working backward moves us forward. Community matters to us on an internal, local and global scale—it’s fundamental to our company’s growth and to the well-being of the world at large. We also value self-awareness, candor, lunch and WiFi. If we match with you, please apply to join us.