Catalog Project Manager
Grainger is a broad line, business-to-business distributor of maintenance, repair and operating (MRO) supplies and other related products and services. More than 3.2 million businesses and institutions worldwide rely on Grainger for products such as safety gloves, ladders, motors and janitorial supplies, along with services like inventory management and technical support. These customers represent a broad collection of industries including commercial, government, healthcare and manufacturing. They place orders online, on mobile devices, through sales representatives, over the phone and at local branches. Approximately 5,000 suppliers provide Grainger with more than 1.6 million products stocked in Grainger's distribution centers and branches worldwide.
- Manage the print production and media requirements for all Marketing Programs, to drive over $400 Million in marketing revenue.
- The main goal of the position is to Forecast, Plan and Execute Direct Mail and Catalog Marketing spend to increase program efficiency in order to meet or exceed the aligned Marketing Objectives to support overall company growth.
- This role works independently and utilizes their technical print expertise to drive cross functional initiatives to create an exceptional offline customer experience
- Partner with strong strategic suppliers that ensure high quality, superior customer service, provide industry information and work to drive cost out of the process. Responsible to select, evaluate and manage performance of external suppliers for the print production process. The Supplier relationship is vital to the success of all marketing programs.
- Manage marketing catalog programs by monitoring market trends and new capabilities and implement new technologies to improve marketing programs.
- Manage cross functional distribution planning for Direct Mail and Catalog programs
- Plan, forecast, and monitor program production budgets to achieve a 1% variance to plan
- Manage Direct Mail and Catalog Category spend and implement strategic vision with cross functional departments including Indirect Procurement, Analytics, Response Marketing, Finance, Tax and Internal Audit.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Admin. or related graphic arts area (MBA preferred) or 7 years related work experience.
- Strong Negotiating skills and in-depth knowledge of purchasing process, as well as, a track record of managing commodity purchases to reduce market pricing fluctuations
- Strong technical background of the printing process, printing equipment (including digital, sheet fed, rotogravure and web presses), electronic pre-press software and bindery operations
- Proficient in data mapping and manipulation for digital execution
- Proven experience with accounting principals including budget management and marketing accruals.
- Expertise in paper buying and the paper market. Knowledge of different paper stocks, weights, grades. Also, compatibility with different print methods.
- Strong organizational skills for scheduling and planning projects. Able to manage multiple projects at a time.
- Travel of 10% to suppliers, customers, and field locations as needed
Grainger is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.