Category Management Specialist, Zoro
Zoro.com is an eCommerce company that sells business supplies, equipment, and tools—but we’re much more than just a website. We’re a team of people who win and lose together (we prefer winning!). Since 2011, Zoro has been working hard to make it easy for our customers to purchase everything they need to make their businesses go. Zoro currently offers over 3 million products, fast and free shipping, no-hassle returns, and exceptional customer service. We’ve grown quickly in a short time, recently surpassing 400 team members and reaching annual revenue of over $500 million. Add to that our award-winning culture—we were named a Great Place to Work for 2019-20, among other accolades—and we think Zoro is a pretty amazing place to work and grow.
Imagine what you could help us achieve as a Category Management Specialist!
The Category Management Specialist assists the Category Managers to implement product line tactics that will provide our customers the most attractive and profitable product offering in the industry. In addition, Category Management Specialists will execute reporting and analysis tasks to inform the product management team on the performance of product lines and identify opportunities for improvement.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Category Management Specialists will assist Category Managers with the following activities:
Analysis and Decision Making:
- Effectively pull and evaluate large sets of data, identify trends, proactively solicit feedback from others and recommend a solution while understanding business impact.
- Proven ability to identify problems, recommend solutions & lead solution implementation activities.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel is a must, and experience with SQL or other data reporting systems is preferred.
Product line execution:
- Participate in/execute various projects, as assigned, to support the effective execution of product line expansion. Complete all projects in a timely manner with aggressive attention to detail.
- Assist the Category Managers in working with all cross-functional teams within Zoro that leverage the product line and product information in their activities. Examples of teams that the Specialist will work with include: Merchandising, Product Information Management, Supply Chain, Pricing, Marketing, Paid Search, and UX/UI.
- Participate in Supplier meetings and support the Category Managers with meeting preparation and follow up.
- Work directly with suppliers to drive execution of new Product addition process.
- Participate in the creation and execution of contractual agreements between Zoro and its Suppliers.
- Assist in the acquisition and maintenance of comprehensive product information, including product specifications, product images and additional product content (e.g. videos).
- Assist the Product Managers with all other elements of supplier relationships to ensure successful, profitable programs.
- Collaborate with Zoro Supply Chain team to assist with execution of initiatives that enhance the company’s logistic and fulfillment objectives.
- Work with Grainger Supplier Performance team to assist with any service level issues related to your suppliers.
- Work with Grainger and Zoro transaction specialists to resolve all order discrepancies.
- Work with third party logistics firms that provide fulfillment services for products that drop ship directly from the manufacturer to Zoro’s customers.
Work Approach and Ethic:
- Team first mentality (Team over personal agenda)
- Passion to solve problems
- Positive / can do attitude
- Consistent drive to take on more responsibility
- Takes personal ownership
- Curiosity learning
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred.
- 1-3 years of experience in related field preferred.
- Experience working on large product assortments for e-commerce channels and customer requirements with Supply Chain, product information and marketing strategies.
- Proven and demonstrated project management and execution skills with the ability to overcome barriers and solve problems.
- Strong analytical and business skills.
- Demonstrated ability to embrace change, demonstrate agility in relation to change.
- Proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access). Experience with SQL and other data reporting systems is preferred.
- Domestic travel required approximately 10% of the time.
Zoro is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.