The Client Partner at One North is a high performing team player focused on developing strategic client relationships and driving growth across multiple client accounts. The Client Partner drives business built on integrity and trust – trust with our clients and trust with their teams. This person brings a point of view and pragmatism while driving innovation and creative excellence. In short, the Client Partner is our partner in making our clients, and subsequently us, a success.
The Client Partner plays a crucial role in the development of the client relationship, including exploring new ideas, discovering solutions to critical problems, illuminating clients’ organizational blind spots and navigating the road ahead for client engagements. In this role, the Client Partner will be responsible for strategic account planning, client retention and growth as well as the development of executive-level client relationships for approximately 4-6 large clients. The ideal candidate should have strong relationship management skills, an entrepreneurial spirit and a proven track record in growing client portfolios.
The ideal Client Partner should be able to demonstrate the ability to bring solutions and services to clients informed by strategic insights in digital and technology that add value to their business and leverage One North capabilities. The Client Partner role is responsible for partnering with Digital Strategy, Brand & Experience Design, and Technology to bring some of One North’s most forward-thinking capabilities to bear on our accounts. The Client Partner works closely with the other dimensions of Client Management within the agency as well as cross-functional team members to execute on account growth and development strategies.
· Develop in-depth knowledge of the client's business, strategic objectives and annual goals, including the industry within which they operate, key
trends in the market, value positioning and key influencers and stakeholders.
· Communicate the client vision to a cross-functional Client Services team.
· Engage executives effectively in exploratory discussions to understand their organization’s goals.
· Effectively include subject matter experts in the appropriate client discussions to discern meaningful insights.
· Lead a cross-functional team to create and execute on a long-term, strategic account plan.
· Build strong, consultative relationships with key client executives.
· Navigate various levels within the client organization and across marketing, IT and procurement functions.
· Deliver proper logic and strategic thinking to understand the overall root of the challenges facing our clients’ clients.
· Challenge the thinking of executives in a respectful manner and help them shape their strategic agenda and priorities.
· Facilitate brainstorming sessions, workshops, project kick-offs, sprint planning, retrospectives and post-mortems for various client projects.
· Proactively seeks engagements through relationship building – internally and externally.
· Proactively identify clients’ business problems and initiate conversations both internally and externally around how to engage in helping them solve these problems.
· Play a leadership role in pursuits, proposals and overall client management.
· Forecast revenue and growth opportunities, negotiate contracts, oversee legal documents and drive client profitability.
· Provide development opportunities for the Client Services team.
· Serve as an escalation point for key challenges, with accountability for the resolution of client issues.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
· 10+ years of experience working in an Account Director, Group Account Director, VP or SVP, Account Director, Client Partner or Business Development capacity serving Fortune 1000 clients
· Experience working in a consultative manner with clients and serving as a key advisor and partner
· Prior agency experience required
· Experience in fast-changing environments
· Experience maintaining and growing multiple large accounts
· Experience achieving growth and sales targets
· Exposure to managing challenging external stakeholders
· Strong background and knowledge of digital and experience design capabilities
· Must be a growth-minded individual that drives conversations and pursuits forward
· Must be comfortable engaging in exploratory discussions in business functions where you do not have deep expertise.
· Comfort with ambiguity
· Must be a team player that actively seeks opportunities to collaborate
· Must be skilled at and enjoy being a problem solver
· Strong background in crafting and delivering proposals of work
· Ability to effectively construct and tell a compelling and clear story around a value proposition, both orally and in presentations
· Poise, executive presence and outstanding communication skills