Cloud Engagement Manager at 10th Magnitude
10th Magnitude is a technology services firm helping businesses achieve transformation through cloud technologies. We are market leaders in leveraging the power Microsoft Azure to accelerate innovation speed, operational agility and customer responsiveness for clients around the globe. As one of the top Microsoft Azure partners in the US we specialize in Azure Migration, Cloud-Scale Custom Application Development, Internet of Things, Analytics and DevOps achieved through Azure-Enabled Infrastructure Automation. A member of the Microsoft Azure Partner Advisory Council and a Gold Cloud Platform Microsoft partner, 10th Magnitude is headquartered in Chicago and rapidly expanding across the central US.
Come join the project management team of one of the top Azure shops in the country. As one of Microsoft’s top cloud partners, we are helping organizations around the globe migrate mission critical systems into the cloud, adopt DevOps tools/processes, and build cutting edge cloud applications. We are looking for leaders with a
• Consulting mindset to solve client challenges and opportunities
• Desire to solve new problems (and deal with ambiguity that comes with it)
• Background in technology looking to expand into the Cloud and future of enterprise computing
At 10th Magnitude, this position leads our projects to a successful outcome for our client. Our focus is delivering high quality solutions to our clients and helping them achieve their goals. Your voice will be instrumental in influencing how projects are executed and delivered.
As a Program Manager at 10th Magnitude you will be responsible for the successful delivery of projects across multiple disciplines and industries. Typical projects include: Migration from on-prem data center to Azure, Transformation of client processes to operate in Azure, and Enablement of cloud native services from legacy applications. You will lead both 10th Magnitude and client teams to achieve outcomes. Your responsibilities will include:
• Project Management Methodology. Apply skills and methodology to manage others, proactively mitigate risks, resolve issues and escalate when appropriate.
• Agile Requirements Definition. Collaboration with clients to define requirements and translate them in user stories, backlogs, etc.
• Business Knowledge. Demonstrate understanding of clients’ businesses and build credibility quickly.
• Delivery Leadership. Lead project teams, be the point person accountable for successful delivery.
• Client Communication. Polished communicator adept at producing advanced, client-ready presentations. Clearly communicate project status, risks/issues and remediation.
• Scope and Budget Management. Track our team’s progress and work with client to document and approve any changes.
• Customer Relationship. Actively build client relationship. Frequently gather client feedback and work to ensure highest customer satisfaction.
Qualifications Skills & Experience
• 5+ years in a consulting or client service environment associated with delivering an outcome to a client – can be external facing (try consulting environment) or internal with outcome/service based context
• Experience managing “enterprise” customers or projects – multiple departments, dependencies, and politics
• Technical background either hands-on prior to project management and/or as a technical project manager
• Experience with agile project tracking tools (such as JIRA) • Structured development methodologies (such as Agile Scrum, iterative, and Kanban)
Regardless of skills and experience, we look for people with the following personality traits:
• Passion. You exude round the clock enthusiasm for your field of expertise.
• Versatility. You’re really deep in a few areas, but capable across a much wider range.
• Communicator. You can confidently converse with clients in their own language.
• Problem Solver. You can figure out a solution to any problem that comes your way
• Pragmatism. You can separate what must be done now and what can be improved later.
• Team Player. You help others, ask for input and share ideas all in the name of teamwork.