WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE DO
IMC is a leading global market maker, using algorithmic trading and advanced technology to buy and sell securities on multiple trading venues worldwide. We provide liquidity to the financial markets, driving efficiencies for buyers and sellers.
Founded in 1989, we are an ambitious, innovative company and identified early on the importance technology would play in the fast-paced evolution of trading. This entrepreneurial spirit still drives us today and can be found in all of our offices around the world.
We now operate globally from offices in Europe, the US and Asia Pacific. Our employees work closely together in multidisciplinary teams, making our success possible.
Technology - At IMC, technology is not a department, it is at the heart of everything we do. Our technologists push the limits of possibility, and then look beyond. In our fast-paced environment, short feedback loops mean projects worked on in the morning can enter production the next day.
Trading – Although our traders come from many backgrounds they all have one thing in common: they are at their best solving complex problems. Their insight into global events, market shifts and pricing ensure we are trading in the right place, at the right time.
Business Support - Around the world, IMC’s business support teams are essential for sustaining our success. In our dynamic environment, we have many exciting challenges and multidisciplinary opportunities to shape our operations and make a real impact.
Our employees are our greatest asset so we give them lots of responsibility and the support they need to make a difference. Our flat structure fosters a culture of openness and collaboration, encouraging the sharing of ideas and knowledge. It makes no difference if you have been with us for three days or three years, the best idea wins.
While we work hard, we also have a lot of fun; whether solving complex challenges or in team building, leisure and sporting activities. IMC also enables its employees to contribute towards a better society through our foundation.
THE IMC FOUNDATION
Through the IMC Chicago Charitable Foundation, we aim to provide opportunities for young people in Chicago to develop to their fullest potential. We focus our grantmaking in three areas: improving the school experience for students, using sports and experiential learning to help students develop life skills, and strengthening early childhood development. We also help IMC employees engage with the community through volunteering (remote and in-person), financial matching gifts, and giving-related social events.
The Community Engagement Manager interfaces between IMC colleagues and Chicago nonprofit organizations to involve employees in making a positive impact in the community. The position reports to the Foundation Program Officer and works closely with the Foundation Executive Director, as well as colleagues in Legal, Accounting, HR, and Events. The role is focused mainly on giving in Chicago, with some limited support for IMC’s global partnership with Room to Read.
- Coordinate financial matching gifts for employees
- Support implementation of new online employee giving platform and create reports on employee giving and volunteering
- Work with local nonprofit organizations to plan and execute employee volunteer activities, remote and in-person, and recruit IMC employee volunteers
- Collaborate with IMC events team to plan successful employee giving events. Past examples have been trivia nights, employee-nominated grant competitions, and our annual trading day for charity.
- Manage nonprofit event sponsorships, including guest lists and sponsorship payments
- Track foundation expenses in collaboration with IMC accounting team
- Collect feedback from grantees via surveys and regular conversations. Analyze and report on results to inform grantmaking strategy.
- Cultivate relationships with new and existing grantees in youth development, with a focus on grassroots organizations and those working on racial justice
- Communicate with employees about the impact of IMC’s grants and volunteering, including video and other forms of storytelling
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Three years of experience working or volunteering in the social impact sector. Experience related to education preferred.
- Demonstrated commitment to racial justice (e.g. working or volunteering in support of antiracism work, participating in training on systemic racism and applying that learning within an institution, contributing to an antiracism audit or racial equity impact assessment)
- Experience working directly with under-resourced students preferred
- Experience planning successful volunteer events that align volunteer interests with nonprofit needs helpful
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Readiness to toggle between strategy development and rolling up your sleeves to get things done
- Comfort with technology
- Proactive about finding and solving problems
- Ability to prioritize to get the highest return on your time
- Overcomes obstacles and rapidly recovers from setbacks
OUR HIRING PROCESS
To set you up for success, you can find our hiring process including tips on applying and interviewing with us on our website. Now it’s up to you! Apply today to start an amazing journey with IMC.