Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
Affirm’s Compliance team crafts and maintains the program that enables Affirm to proactively enforce regulatory requirements while also identifying and addressing potential issues. Compliance program activities include advising, mentoring, training, independent testing & monitoring, reporting, troubleshooting, and oversight. Although a second line of defense, Compliance proactively partners with the business to support new products, markets, and initiatives; organizational change; issue identification and remediation plans; assessment and monitoring of third parties; and provision of trends and data to enable informed decision-making, strengthen controls, or provide for better treatment of consumers.
Affirm is actively seeking a Compliance Program Manager - Monitoring to lead, own, improve, and drive certain critical compliance program elements. This manager will manage a team that partners with broader Compliance and Risk to support and refine the company’s compliance monitoring program.What You'll Do
- Supervise compliance professionals in the development and improvement of the monitoring program
- Work with compliance experts to operationalize the program for areas such as marketing and product
- Identify compliance concerns, communicate to appropriate partners, and communicate results to senior management, as needed
- Remain abreast of current merchant programs, along with product and marketing offers
- Work with cross-functional partners to address any concerns
- Develop ongoing reporting regarding monitoring results (on adherence to compliance program requirements)
- Develop continuous methods to improve the program
- 6+ years of professional work experience in Compliance, Enterprise Risk, Operational Risk, or Audit
- Definable leadership experience on a successful team
- Excellent organizational and relationship skills
- Curiosity about fintech and consumer finance
- Inquisitive and proactive in proposing creative and effective solutions
- Strong project management, critical thinking, and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to present in a balanced, thoughtful manner
Location - Remote U.S.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.