Construction Project Manager
Green Thumb Industries (GTI), a national cannabis consumer packaged goods company and retailer, is dedicated to providing dignified access to safe and effective cannabis while giving back to the communities in which they serve. As a vertically integrated company, GTI manufactures and sells a well-rounded suite of branded cannabis products including flower, concentrates, edibles, and topicals. The company also owns and operates a rapidly growing national chain of retail cannabis stores called RISE™. Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, GTI has 11 manufacturing facilities, licenses for 72 retail locations and operations across 12 U.S. markets. Established in 2014, GTI employs approximately 600 people and serves thousands of patients and customers each year. GTI was named a Best Workplace 2018 by Crain’s Chicago Business. More information is available at GTIgrows.com.
GTI just keeps growing and growing! We’re seeking a logistical genius and construction management guru to oversee new retail/dispensary construction projects. As a Construction Project Manager with GTI/RISE, you will be responsible for serving as the liaison between GTI HQ and our dispensary build-outs in the field ensuring scope of work is executed, quality of brand is maintained, timelines are beat, and budgets are always in the green! You should have off the charts communication skills to work with sub-contractors/vendors and your teammates alike. As a proven Construction PM, you have managed over a dozen projects at a time working across a national landscape.
- Manage an annual project of 25 new store construction projects as well as many smaller repair or energy upgrade projects as required
- Direct all phases of construction project management including due diligence, schedule and budget development, planning and design, FF&E procurement and store move coordination
- Act as the RISE liaison in the field with all departments and outside contractors/equipment suppliers / consultants / landlords / governing authorities ensuring coordination towards common goals while making critical decisions in a professional manner
- Prepare/update project status reports, process invoices, update tracking reports, and maintain files for due diligence and financials.
- Actively track each aspect of project performance against schedules and critical path.
- Maintain strict adherence to all quality standards and applicable safety regulations and enforce GTI’s corporate quality and community standards.
- Bachelors Degree required in Architecture/Engineering, Construction Management or construction related field
- 6 years of construction project management, 3 years of retail construction management preferred
- Expertise managing high-growth multi-site/ multi-state retail locations.
- Must have maintained and prepared construction budgets and tracking systems for retail construction operations
- Familiar with store fixture, planning, operations and merchandising
- Advanced Excel skills with proficiency in computer estimating, scheduling, and other database applications
- Highly motivated, self-directed, innovative and able to work independently or among teams with keen judgement, common sense and resourcefulness
- Adapts and thrives in a demanding, start-up, fast-paced environment
- Possesses a high level of critical thinking
- Operates with a high level of professionalism and integrity, including dealing with confidential information
- Must understand and comply with the rules, regulations, policies, and procedures of GTI
- Able to work a flexible schedule depending on the needs of the business; will require work on weekends, evenings, and holidays.
- Must pass any and all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
We can't wait to meet you!
Read Full Job Description