Here @ Strata…
We are committed to our mission to help heal healthcare. Our unique culture is driven by a social, hardworking environment full of talented people solving problems together. We embrace learning, cross-team collaboration, and continuous career growth. Lifting each other to lift our clients, our product, our company. If being part of a fun, fast-moving, innovative team is what you seek? Keep reading.
We look for someone who:
- Is Service-Centric: Someone who desires to make an impact in and outside of our office. We look for service minded people to support our customers, each other and our community.
- Has a Growth Mindset: Driven to own your individual learning and development (We’ll help you - we have a team dedicated to training you and providing extra educational resources).
- Rocks Impact: Thinks two steps ahead to ensure the work we do will solve problems and make a difference.
- Will be a StrataPro: Accountable. Prepared. Positive. Core to who we are and how we treat one another.
What you’ll do in this role:
As a Consultant for the Advanced Planning team, you will be responsible for working together with other team members to implement, then optimize adoption and use of Strata software and best practices while providing world class customer service to our clients. In this role you will:
- Work with an experienced team of client service professionals who have deep technical expertise in Strata software solutions and who are well-versed in the financial management processes of healthcare providers, including capital planning, strategic planning, operating budgeting, and management reporting.
- Implement significant components of Strata software at multiple clients across the country. Implementation includes configuring the user requirements, validating its functionality, and testing key features of the software.
- Configure and test users and security, develop complex financial models, build reports, develop workflows, and set up administrative screens.
- Help clients define their business and technical requirements for our software. Over time, gain the experience necessary to work with clients as a trusted advisor to implement best practices in their financial management processes.
- Assess clients’ training needs for specific features and functions; lead onsite and web-based client training
- Communicate complex analyses and system functionality to clients.
- Track and follow up on open items to ensure projects are completed on time.
- Collaborate with Strata's Technical Team and Solution Architects to provide the best client experience.
- Work in an Agile environment and learn one of the most widely used and effective methodologies for building and implementing high quality, feature-rich software.
- Use SQL and Strata implementation tools to deliver on client expectations for software implementation and optimization projects
- Communicate proactively with team members, managers, and project managers on issues and risks that may arise during the project life cycle. Develop and execute action plans to mitigate risks proactively.
- Meaningfully contribute to operational improvement and strategic growth projects to enable Strata to continue to scale operations and continually improve our level of service to clients.
Your accomplishments include:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a related field (i.e. Finance, Accounting, Business, Health Administration, or Engineering)
- 4+ years of relevant experience in finance, healthcare, and/or technology
- Don't have 4 years of relevant experience? Apply to learn more about how you could fit on the AP team!
- An understanding of financial concepts, including financial statement analysis and how data impacts the General Ledger
- An understanding of forecasting and budgeting for a department or organization
- Exposure to financial modeling or business case development
- Experience using SQL or relational database concepts will help, but advanced excel skills are a good start
- Demonstrating a strong interest in providing a world class level of client service
- Ability to respond to client needs as they arise and employing excellent communication skills
- Strong self-motivation, and the ability to work effectively with limited guidance when necessary
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)