If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.Company Overview
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Department OverviewMotorola’s Sales Strategy team is an evolving organization at the front line of aligning Products, Services, & Software programs with the needs of our customers & salespeople. Our team will foster collaboration across the business-units to align the needs of the field with existing and new sales enablement services and support (within the pillars of Mission Critical LMR and Broadband, Video and Analytics, and the End-to-End Public Safety Ecosystem known as Command Central) Integration points between ASTRO and other solutions is our company’s internal strategy (via development and acquisitions)... our PURPOSE is to create resonance with our customers by offering strategies and solutions that address pain points and help simplify their daily work.
As a Sales Specialist, you will be responsible for driving thought leadership into the entire portfolio. You will be part of a Solutions Consultant team who will enable sales teams with training and sales strategies for new markets and new customer verticals. You will keep customer focus as your #1 priority, ensuring Voice of Customer engagements are conducted in a beneficial way, without confirmation bias, & by capturing customer “fields of play”. Your team will foster collaboration across the portfolio to develop sales approaches and enablement material which can be taught and delivered by our various sales and sales overlay teams. It will be your responsibility to research and find successful sales approaches to leverage existing MSI install base to pivot sales conversations to our expansion portfolio. You will have access to the Worldwide Competitive Enablement team and the NA Portfolio Strategy teams, who will review your approach and prioritize product development to better position our products.
The Sales Specialist role will be a selling role measured primarily on selling performance in relation to quota of NA Quota Targets. This position will support at a minimum of MSI's North American State & Local Region. This role will require over 75% travel.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to the following:
● Create End-user and System Administrator qualitative and quantitative value propositions associated with new ASTRO System features and products and the Integrated Workflow to other MSI products and solutions
● Validate value propositions with MSI customers
● Interview customers and teach sales how to conduct beneficial outcome selling to generate deeper customer engagement and interest.
● Providing solution demonstrations and trade show support (booth, presentations, panel discussions)
● Create and validate verbiage for capability description and value for competitive and sole source proposals in partnership with the NA proposal and field sales teams
● Maintain a customer reference list
● Collaborate with Direct, MRs and Inside Sales teams to evolve the sales training program
● Create consultant communications plan to evangelize the value of MSI unique Red Threads between our installed products and rest of our expansive portfolio
● Periodically educate and update the Lobbyist Community on MSI’s portfolio of solutions at a high level
● Provide competitive positioning / winning strategies for opportunities
● Provide high level technical oversight of proposed Solutions in support of Engineering (not design systems).
● Feed Development roadmap requests to NA Portfolio Strategy / Go-to-Market teams
● Support virtual and in person demos
● State & Local Government Market experience preferred
● Strong Technical Sales support background (3+ years)
● Proficient with PowerPoint and Google Slides
● Understanding of MSI’s market segments and customers
● Strong communication and customer interaction skills required (Empathetic listening skills)
● Comfortable with presenting in intense sales environment
● Ability to communicate effectively and teach others
● Focus on creation of sales enablement tools that allow our sales force to engage with their installed base to create new sales opportunities in the Software Enterprise space by leveraging their existing relationships
● Focus on coaching sales on customer engagement and presentations based on customer data
● Location is flexible
● Bachelor's Degree required. Emphasis in Marketing, Engineering or Communications is desired
● Creative, strategic, and resourceful individual with an outstanding track record in enterprise or State & Local Govt Solutions Sales
● Experience creating and delivering “How to Sell” training curriculum
● 4+ years experience in one of the following: sales, engineering, marketing or product management
● Seeking 4+ years experience working with mobile technology / software for Public Safety customers
Bachelors Degree with 4+ years of sales/public safety experience OR 8+ years of sales/public safety experience
Referral Payment PlanYes
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.