Continuous Improvement Manager at McDonald's Technology
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries and billions of customers served each year. As the global leader in the food service industry, we have a legacy of innovation and hard work that continues to drive us. Today, we are growing with velocity and are focused on modernizing our experiences, not to make a different McDonald’s, but to build a better McDonald’s.
We are moving fast and are adding to our best-in-class team. Joining McDonald's means thinking big every day and preparing for a career that can have impact around the world. We are customer obsessed, committed to being leaders, and believe we are better when we work together. Over the last couple years, we’ve launched home delivery, modernized our restaurant experience through digital enhancements and have so much more to come.
We are dedicated to using our scale for good: good for people, our industry and the planet. From ambitious recycling initiatives and balanced sourcing efforts to our partnership with Ronald McDonald House Charities, we are constantly improving. We see every single day as a chance to have a genuine impact on our customers, our people and our partners.
Our new, state-of-the-art headquarters is located in the booming West Loop area in the heart of downtown Chicago. It's set up to be a global hub that cultivates innovation. Take a class at Hamburger University, sample future menu items in our Test Kitchen, and utilize the latest technology to communicate with your team around the globe! Our office helps us connect with each other like never before. Participate in monthly organized events, enjoy massive outdoor spaces, an 8000 square foot gym, and an onsite McDonald's serving international favorites.Job Description
Our McDonald’s Global Business Services’ (GBS) vision and capabilities are to connect our customers with the services and solutions they need, focus on achieving operational excellence, deliver tangible results, and pursue continuous improvement and innovation. The focus of this role will be to lead and coach teams and CI trained employees to create a continuous improvement culture and execution of projects.
- CI Black Belt must be clear and effective communicators to succeed in their roles as a continuous improvement leader, mentor, coach, and trainer.
- Plan and manage a portfolio of process improvement initiatives using process improvement methodologies and tools. Drive the data collection and analytics to find opportunities for improvement.
- Design and implement KPI measures, measurement systems and visual tracking controls/dashboards
- Act as a change agent to develop and support a daily work improvement culture. Must work closely with Finance, People, Agency123 within GBS to optimize Quality, Efficiency, Cost and Customer Value.
- Lead/facilitate process improvement identification and solutioning exercises throughout GBS. Provide DMAIC based approach to projects to deliver value for the company, lead focused, collaborative, cross-functional deep-dive workshops for high priority initiatives
- Collaborate with internal partners to ensure effective integration of initiatives as well as foster collaborative and organizational learning. Develop reciprocal partnerships with business leaders and partners. Continually seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen relationships
- Analyze opportunities and guide actions around continuous improvement initiatives. Provide strong project management skills, expertise in quality management and ability to make major changes in organization.
- Propose and implement process improvements from external experience, "bringing the outside in" mentality. Works with professionals in the design, development, supply chain and customer success / services to accomplish key projects that may be complex and detail-oriented
- Establish and maintain a continuous improvement monitoring system
- Development and execute Global Business Services CI strategies
- Support the business in decision making through data and interpretation from a CI perspective
- Drive sustainable change through the organization through collaboration and cross function work. Establish process, procedures to ensure sustainability of project results Assist in standardizing and sharing Best-In-Class continuous improvement practices throughout the organization.
- L6S Black Belt Certified and 5+ years of experience
- Bachelor's degree in Finance fields preferred
- PMP license preferred with experience of managing a project portfolio
- Proven experience in delivering significant savings and productivity through CI projects
- Ability to influence peer groups and senior executives, and work with globally distributed teams and functions
- Prior experience of leading and facilitating others on cross functional improvement projects
- Coach and mentor others on LS6 methodology and drive a culture of quality in the organization
- Candidate must be able to communicate and articulate to all levels of the organization comfortably
- Ability to enable organization to become more self-sufficient and self-sustaining in process improvements
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact [email protected]
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.