Continuous Improvement Manager
What’s Our Dish
Announced in May 2018, Peapod Digital Labs (PDL) is an Ahold Delhaize USA company that powers the eCommerce and digital strategies for the Great Local Brands of Ahold Delhaize USA. Accelerating growth in digital and personalization capabilities, PDL is an innovation lab focused on meeting the changing needs of customers, regardless of when, where, and how consumers choose to shop.
Peapod continues to be a consumer-facing eCommerce brand, and is part of Peapod Digital Labs, focused on growing Peapod sales to consumers.
Browse the Aisles
The Manager Continuous Improvement role is responsible for managing and executing the CI Simplicity Savings Roadmap, ultimately designed to achieve targeted cost savings (3-4% OpEx reduction) and significant productivity improvements (10-20% year over year). The CI team uses a proven Lean Six Sigma fact-based analysis inclusive of financial support to quantified targets traced to the P&L with robust simplicity tracking and monitoring. The Continuous Improvement Team brings formal Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certifications while utilizing proven Lean Six Sigma methodologies (e.g. DMAIC) and tools that define clear approaches of identifying non-value-added work.
Recipe for Success - What's "in store" for the role
- Accountable to deliver on budgeted OpEx savings each year working directly with Operations Leadership.
- Apply Lean Six Sigma Methodology through Certified Technicians: Definition, Measurement, Analysis, Implementation and Control (DMAIC).
- Capable of independently facilitating scope definition and project objectives.
- Create a measurement plan using standard LSS tools.
- Build a detailed implementation plan, including any pilot/tests, go/no-go decisions
- Manage and execute the overall Peapod Simplicity roadmap, working with local facility leads (e.g. develop a working que and quantify benefits).
- Utilize Operational dashboards and score cards to identify opportunities; includes reporting available through SCI and P3.
- Support large cross functional development efforts (e.g. HSC, Tote, etc..) from design through industrialization.
- Conduct detailed analysis of Macro and Micro KPIs across operations to gain consensus on strategic operating solutions that improve service results.
- Tier 1 (Macro): Net Promoter Score (NPS), CET, 100% Complete Orders, team Completeness, Driver Timeliness (On time or early), No Complaints % of orders- Wrong / Missing, No Complaints % of orders - Poor Quality / Damaged
- Micro: Driver Timeliness (Late Departs, Routes Ready, Stop Time, Miles Per Order (MPO), Late Severity, Late Communication Index); Complaints - Wrong / Missing: QA Wrong Item %, QA Missing Item %, % Wrong or Missing by Picker %, Wrong or Missing by Driver, Wrong Item Reported (S100)%, Missing Item Reported (S101)%, Service Credit $ Per Order; Complaints
- Poor Quality/Damaged: Poor product quality, Damaged product or packaging, Out of date / expired - Conduct analysis of current performance baselines with desired targets and goals. Develop solutions and recommendations; gain agreement to implement changes and monitor project results in concert with the business lead to ensure results are achieved.
- Develop central repository of standard processes as baseline for current operational processes.
- Provide inputs to Training and SOPs in support of HR Training efforts; including input for ELM development.
The Essentials In Your Cart - The required ingredients
- Bachelor's Degree, Industrial Engineering preferred
- Certified Lean Six Sigma Black Belt
- Highly motivated, independent thinker
- Systems oriented; Understanding of database applications
- Strong financial, quantitative and analytical abilities
- Experience working with cross-functional teams
- Solid understanding of supply chain networks
- 25-35% travel
Extra Spices - What you should bring to the table
- Operations, Supply Chain Consulting and/or Process Development (preferred)
- Managerial Influence
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and Access; Minitab
- Executive presentation building capabilities - Executive Presentation skills
- Customer focus
- Strong Supervisory /leadership skills
- Attention to detail
- Negotiation skills
- Strategic planning
Join Us at Our Table
Peapod Digital Labs is a forward-thinking company with a strong legacy of innovation. We recognize who powers our progress – our people! We offer a great variety of benefits and perks to our employees, including: great health care options, including PPO and HSA plans (with company contributions), dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, a 401k with strong company match and immediate vesting, and generous and flexible paid time off.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, marital status (including civil unions), military service, veteran status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, legally recognized disability, domestic violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by law.