CRM Product Owner: Salesforce Administrator
Figo was born in a Chicago-based Google tech hub. Passionate about changing how consumers view and interact with insurance, as well as holistically improving the life of pets, Figo developed the Figo Pet Cloud with today’s pet parent in mind: socially connected, on-the-go, and mobile-dependent. Combined with simple and affordable insurance plans, Figo delivers peace of mind to customers across America. The Figo team is dynamic and fast-paced, and we seek an energetic, self-motivated individual to join us.
Why We Are Looking for You
Although you are in the early stages of your career, you’re ready to take on an uncharted role focused on both the administration and future development of our Salesforce CRM. You are an associate-level technical resource with a passion for organization and analysis, and you love to get your hands dirty by bring clarity to business processes and helping end-users reach their envisioned state of working with the help of technology. You excel at coordinating moving parts, while keeping your eyes on the big picture. You wear many hats but know how to prioritize your workload. Your work ethic is strong, and your peers describe you as conscientious, diligent, resourceful. You are excited at the prospect of owning and building out your processes. You are comfortable with the unknown and seek answers from different approaches. Most of all, you are excited about being part of an exciting industry disrupter that is positively impacting the lives of pets and their loving parents!
The Salesforce Administrator will ensure successful operation of the CRM system with a solid understanding of the organization’s business. Strong Salesforce skills and an understanding of the general concepts of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) are a must. Most importantly, they should be proactive, organized, and analytical. This role will involve regular communication with the internal technology team, external vendors, end-users, management, and other stakeholders. As part of the ownership of the Salesforce environment, this role will also provide troubleshooting, issue tracking, support, change management, and training.
I. Create and Manage Changes to the System
- Proactively seek out and identify needed system changes.
- Communicate system changes to the users in advance so they understand the change and how to use it prior to implementation.
- Manage system changes without interruption to the user.
- Gather feedback and requirements from end users.
- Modify the system to increase benefits and usability.
- Manage the change control process.
- Manage all processes that impact / relate to Salesforce.
- Manage new releases of Salesforce and efficiently roll out new features.
- Create and maintain fields, views, reports, dashboards, and other Salesforce objects and functions.
- Create custom objects when necessary.
- Maintain, enhance and create workflows, functions and configurations within the Salesforce environment.
- Create new reporting capabilities and respond to ad hoc reporting requests as needed.
- Provide support functions as needed.
- Provide sales and financial data to company executives.
II. Maintain System, Security and Integrity
- Map Salesforce hierarchy in response to personnel changes.
- Reassign appropriate records in response to personnel changes.
- Grant/ remove and maintain user licenses.
- Maintain security including sharing rules and security levels.
- Design, create and maintain user roles, profiles and hierarchies.
- Monitor application storage usage and archive data as needed.
III. User Assistance, Training, Adoption and Satisfaction
- Create and administer training to existing or new users/groups.
- Provide one to one training to end users on an on-going basis.
- Expand use of Salesforce – attend planning meetings, assist with determining if /how Salesforce can be used in new ways as opposed to purchasing a new internal system.
- Assist sales management to create processes in Salesforce to help monitor activities, trends, sales and leads.
- Communicate regularly with user base regarding new features, enhancements and changes to the system.
- Monitor usage and mentor users/groups needing assistance.
- Continually seek ways to further enhance the end-user experience.
- Be the company SME on Salesforce.
IV. Process Creation, Documentation and Maintenance
- Document company processes and workflows.
- Develop process documentation and field maps.
- Create new processes and associated reporting.
V. Data Quality, Migration and Maintenance
- Assist with migration from older systems/processes into Salesforce.
- Monitor neglected Leads, Opportunities, Accounts, and Contacts as appropriate.
- Import data as appropriate.
- Monitor and manage exception logs for back end system integration with Salesforce.
- Manage duplicate records.
- Monitor and improve data quality.
- Ensure data integrity by merging duplicate Leads, Contacts, and Accounts; performing mass uploads and updates of data as required; Removing unnecessary fields and data; ensuring screens, fields and workflow have accurate names and reflect current workflow.
VI. Report and Dashboard Creation and Maintenance
- Create and maintain dashboards.
- Create and maintain reports including folder maintenance.
- Develop complex, macro driven reports to summarize system information for Senior Management.
- Build and manage report folders for reps to improve sales efficiency.
Education and Experience
The Salesforce Administrator must have:
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Administration or other relevant university discipline
- Salesforce Administrator Certification (ADM 201) preferred
- Experience working with both Classic and Lightning user interfaces; and experience transitioning an organization from Classic to Lightning is preferred
- Experience with Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, and Pardot products preferred
- Experience with enterprise software implementation
- Experienced in analyzing and documenting business processes.
- Ability to translate business requirements to technical specifications and solutions for implementation or development
- Strong communications skills—excellent verbal and written English skills.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment. Demonstrated ability to work calmly in a demanding work environment subject to a variety of pressures and constraints.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to plan, prioritize, monitor, and respond to inquiries quickly
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment with rapidly changing deliverables and priorities.
- Analytical mindset and resourceful problem solving
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to work independently and coordinate and work on multifunctional projects with various teams
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills with strong analytical, problem solving and project management ability
Our Technology Environment
- Mix of Windows PCs/laptops and MacBooks
- Variety of mobile and tablet devices
- Ticketing and project management (Jira, Rally, Trello etc.)
- Cloud-based business applications and file storage (Azure, Dropbox, Office 365, Teams etc.)
- Salesforce CRM (including omni-channel app integrations)
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.