AccuRadio is one of Chicago's home-grown tech firms, featuring online music streaming of over 975 personalizable channels including rock, pop, jazz, classical, and more.
We are looking for a technology leader with a passion for music and technology to lead a highly motivated team as they develop the next generation of our streaming platform.
Candidates should have 6+ years of demonstrated leadership experience that would be relevant for managing the front- and back-end of a popular streaming media service that includes an audio streaming website, mobile apps, third-party integrations and managing a relatively large through an ongoing modernization/update effort.
Having a passion for music would an extremely valuable characteristic as well, as it will help you join us in creating exciting new products and product features.
We are looking for a team member who:
• Is creative and is an agile team-player
• Has a passion for product quality and an attention to detail
• Shares and expands knowledge by exchanging information
• Promotes the design and development of new innovative features from the technical side
• Develops ideas for code and process improvements
• Assures the quality of the application through regular code reviews
• Champions and supports the integration of relevant new technologies
• Performs under pressure and deliver technical solutions
• Has strong problem-solving skills
• Has strong teamwork, leadership and mentoring skills
• Own all technical aspects of software development (architecture, design and development of systems)
• Design, implement, test and deliver internal and external products
• Deliver clear vision, direction, and standards for the engineering organization and ensure their compliance.
• Oversee operations, software engineering and QA teams
• Serve as a core member of an Agile team that drives user story analysis and elaboration
• Constantly iterate on and improve the development process
• Foster and maintain close working relationships with the Business/Product and Marketing departments.
• Collaborate with product teams and other leaders to ensure success of strategic business projects
Ongoing Technical Platform
• REACT (reactjs) and React Native - responsive web/mobile development.
• REST API Use/implementation
• Google Firebase (OAuth2, Messaging, etc.)
• AWS experience (EC2, S3, etc.), CloudFront, etc.
Legacy Technical Platform
• Python/Django website and API
• ObjectiveC / Andorid Mobile apps
• third party apps for Sonos, Roku, Alexa
• 6+ years leading software development of commercial-grade software and applications
• Experience in Responsive web and/or Mobile systems
• Experience in REST Architecture and foundation networking APIs
• Strong UI/UX / Design skills
• Strong knowledge of Agile software development methodologies
• Demonstrated skills in writing and testing (unit, automation, integration) high-quality, readable, well-architected and efficient code
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related disciplines, or equivalent demonstrable experience
Optional/supplemental Technical Experience
• Python (Django, Flask, etc)
• TDD (Test Driven Development)
• Google BigQuery
• iOS development
• Android development
• Audio/media streaming