Data Capability Lead at Kin + Carta
Kin + Carta exists to make the world work better by delivering transformative growth for our clients. As a digital transformation firm, we apply creativity, data, and technology to help clients invent, market, and operate new digital products and services that turn prospects into customers, and customers into advocates. Kin + Carta seamlessly integrates the strategic consulting, software engineering and marketing technology needed to help businesses 'Make It Happen'.
Kin + Carta operates under an organizational model called “The Connective,” a global ecosystem of over 1,600 technologists, strategists, and creatives. Together, the Connective provides full-service capabilities for not only our clients but for employee experience and mobility.
Consultants at Kin + Carta have the opportunity to: engage with the most cutting-edge emerging technologies, solve difficult problems for some of the world’s biggest companies, and work within a breadth of industries.
Kin + Carta is headquartered in Chicago and London with offices across four continents. Our culture and shared ways of working unite us globally, but it’s our diverse specialisms, our connections, and our courage that makes our firm a recognized best place to work.
Data is at the front of every organization’s mind today. At Kin + Carta our emerging Data Capability supports our Experience and Modernization capabilities in the creation of intelligent, data-powered digital products to improve overall customer experience and inform operational decision making. We are looking for a strong, entrepreneurial leader responsible for leading the growth of this emerging Data Capability.
The Data Capability Lead will focus on leading efforts around the formation of the capability’s demand generation and conversion activities ensuring that all resources are available and outcomes are defined and measured. These activities include aligning with partnership teams, capability leadership, sales and demand enablement, and delivery. The Data Capability Lead is also the primary bridge and cross-link between the delivery organization and the capability leadership team ensuring that information and strategies are exchanged and aligned to provide superior delivery for our clients and growth for our employees.
What you’ll be doing:
Firm Stewardship & Strategy
- Lead and operate the capability operating model framework and process for emerging, growing, and maintaining capability maturity quarter by quarter by leveraging a maturity model and playbook.
- Responsible for driving the creation of content, the capability strategies & execution, progress on trends, and positions for marketing distribution and/or presentation at events.
- Primary cross-link executive to consulting services leadership for alignment on the capability to ensure the progress of position and growth of the capability.
- Owner of all capability KPIs, Entity initiatives and rocks and creator of Quarterly Business Review analytics and presentation materials.
- Creation of content in partnership with marketing and sales to drive demand, enriching the processes and information intelligence to better manage top of funnel.
- Identify and document case studies across Kin + Carta's capabilities to further our position with clients and posture the capabilities by vertical.
- Act as the primary owner of all demand generation targets for the capability ensuring that marketing and outreach campaigns are executed and these meet the expected KPI’s for numbers of leads generated.
- Collaboratively work among internal departments to ensure alignment, examining market trends to assist in developing ways for the organization to remain competitive and speak to the market.
- Working with casting, CS leadership and People Operations to align on skills gaps and growth assessments and plans to ensure that we have the required talent to meet the client demand and/or partnership requirements.
- 8+ years of experience in a technology leadership role and 2+ years experience in a pre-sales/ business development role
- Strong executive-level communication skills demonstrated through external content creation sharing such as blogs, podcasts, speaking engagements or other mediums
- A proven charismatic and enthusiastic personality able to adapt to change and the ability to influence executive decision making
- Experience leading or assisting a go-to-market function showing sound decision making in order to achieve revenue targets and growth.
- Building relationships comes naturally
- Examples of using data to create customer value such as:
- Building complex data visualizations in tools like Tableau, Power-BI, or Data Studio
- Querying and manipulating data using SQL, R, or Python
- Creating Data-powered and/or transactional applications
- Defining analytics tagging strategies to be consumed by tools like Google Analytics, Mixpanel, or Amplitude
- A background in enterprise application development, enterprise architecture and/or technical product development
- Exposure to cloud computing technologies, tools and architecture (i.e. AWS, Azure, GCP, VMware) and ISVs (i.e. Confluent, Elastic, MuleSoft, etc.)
- Exposure to modern cloud-native/distributed design patterns including circuit breaker, CQRS, CDC, event streaming, event-sourcing, etc.
We welcome our Kin to show up as their full selves every day. Because this is so important to us, Kin + Carta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.