Avant is dedicated to building premier digital banking solutions for the middle class through a combination of technology, analytics and superior customer service. Since 2012, Avant has connected over one million customers to $6.5 billion in loans and to 200,000 credit cards. A high growth financial technology company, Avant has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, TechCrunch, Fortune, Bloomberg, and has raised over $600 million of equity capital. Visit www.avant.com for more information.
The data security and privacy manager possesses a strong work ethic, and demonstrates analytical and critical thinking. Superior listening and communication skills, the ability to work well with business units and strong technical expertise are necessary for success. In tandem with security, legal and compliance teams, the data security and privacy manager solves complex problems and minimizes the company’s risk from gaps in process in privacy-related requirements.
What you do at Avant:
- Build relationships with technical, legal and compliance teams to deliver privacy-by-design controls that are enforced by security engineering control deployments.
- Regularly collaborate with the Chief Privacy Office to report on the company’s privacy posture to business leaders and department stakeholders.
- Join forces with product and technology teams to ensure privacy principles are embedded in architecture, infrastructure and code. Work closely with business risk management, compliance, legal and internal audit teams to capture and track risk remediations.
- Serve as a primary point of contact and subject matter expert for new and existing security and privacy regulations and required controls.
- Support privacy-based implementations for business and regulatory requirements.
- Participate and serve as a subject matter expert in security and privacy impact assessments.
- Verify proper privacy controls and remediation initiatives are in place, where applicable.
- Enable response to privacy complaints or requests for information and program gaps requiring resolution.
- Supervise testing and validation of security and privacy controls across projects.
- Oversee implementation of the security and privacy practices across all technical and business solutions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Why you are a fit for Avant:
- 7+ years’ experience in security, privacy, data protection, risk management, compliance or information security administration roles.
- Knowledge of regulations such as California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), New York Department of Financial Services (NYDFS), etc., where applicable.
- Knowledge of NIST issued frameworks and how security and privacy controls apply to them.
- Experience facilitating security and privacy and risk assessments.
- Demonstrated project management and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated understanding and comprehension of a wide range of cybersecurity solutions.
- Proven trustworthiness and history of acting with integrity, taking pride in work, seeking to excel, being curious and adaptable, and communicating well.
- Self-starter requiring minimal supervision.
- Excellence in communicating security, privacy, business risk and remediation requirements from assessments.
- Keen interest in automating and integrating systems to support operational efficiency and minimization of human error.
- Analytical and problem-solving mindset.
- Highly organized and efficient.
Why Avant is a fit for you:
At Avant, we believe our values make a difference:
We value, support, and help each other grow
We are committed to active inclusion and diversity
We are transparent and believe the best idea wins
We succeed when our customers succeed
We get sh!t done… responsibly
And we keep it fun!
We believe that ideas are more important than titles, everything is more fun together, everyone drives change, and everyone is an owner. While we believe the perks and benefits that we offer are terrific, nothing excites us more than having the ability to collaborate with intelligent, highly-motivated and talented people on challenging problems as we work to change the face of online lending.
Avant is an equal opportunity employer and individuals seeking employment are considered without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation or gender identity), age, disability or genetic information or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance.