ActiveCampaign’s category-defining Customer Experience Automation Platform helps over 90,000 businesses in 161 countries meaningfully engage with their customers. The platform gives businesses of all sizes access to hundreds of pre-built automations that combine email marketing, marketing automation, CRM, and machine learning for powerful orchestration, segmentation and personalization across social, email, messaging, chat, and text. Over 70% of ActiveCampaign’s customers use its 300+ integrations including Shopify, Square, Facebook, Eventbrite, and Salesforce. ActiveCampaign scores higher in customer satisfaction than any other solution in both Marketing Automation and CRM All-In-One on G2.com.
As the fastest-growing SaaS company in Chicago, we are scaling rapidly to keep up with market demand. We are growing all of our teams and looking for people who share our values, deliver innovation frequently and join us in our mission to grow our customer base from 90,000 today to millions.
We're growing rapidly and need a Deliverability Specialist to help manage our email deliverability processes. You will be a vital part of the Compliance and Deliverability team. You will educate and enable customers, work with Mailbox Providers, and drive innovation around email technology. You will live and thrive at the intersection of business, technology, data, and the customer experience.
The position requires a strong technical working knowledge of email marketing and deliverability. This work involves remediating blacklists, identifying spam traps, working with Mailbox Providers to optimize sending rates and consulting with clients to make sure they send email using best practices. The ability to explain complex concepts, while supporting your position with well-reasoned analysis is vital.
You will develop documentation, blogs, help articles, etc on strategies that improve both our clients and the ActiveCampaign customer-facing organizations. You'll partner with Customer Success, Support, Sales, Product and Data Scientists to develop and integrate strategies that improve both our customers and our teams.
What your day would consist of:
- Respond to deliverability related support tickets and deliver expert escalation on specific customer issues
- Conduct in-depth investigations, reviews, and audits into email sending practices
- Monitor delivery metrics and create plans to improve inbox placement and IP reputation
- Monitor outgoing sending queues to identify and resolve potential issues
- Investigate bottlenecks reported by our backend systems and/or users
- Analyze bounce logs/trends to identify potential issues
- Assist customers with blocks, blacklists, spam traps, and issues with Mailbox Providers
- Establish direct relationships with Mailbox Providers to keep up with industry updates and mitigate deliverability issues
- Maintain strong relationships with Customers, Product, Sales, Support and Success teams
- Take an active role in thought leadership through writing blogs, articles, and whitepapers
What we're looking for:
- 3 to 5 years of work experience in an analytic, data driven email deliverability role
- Knowledge of EMEA (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), NA (North America), LATAM (Latin America) and APAC (Asia-Pacific) Mailbox Providers
- Comprehensive understanding of CAN-SPAM, CASL, GDPR and other international email regulations
- Thorough understanding of Mailbox Provider procedures (feedback loops, postmaster pages, etc.)
- Solid technical foundation: DNS, SPF, DKIM, and DMARC
- Experience with compliance fraud or abuse investigations
- Expertise with third-party tools: Ehawk, Invaluement, Return Path, 250OK, eDataSouce
ActiveCampaign is an employee-first culture. We take care of our employees at work and outside of work. We'll share all the details later on but in summary: comprehensive health and wellness benefits including no premiums for employees on our HSA plan, open time off plan, generous 401(k) matching with no vesting, lunch and endless snacks/ beverages, reimbursed commuting, education budgets, ongoing learning and development, a proactive approach to diversity and inclusion, career pathing and lots of swag.