Delivery Manager, Regulatory Data
Start a Rewarding Career with Alliant
What will your day look like?
You will lead the multidisciplinary efforts to comply with certain data-related regulatory requirements. Currently these requirements encompass compliance with NCUA quarterly data requirements and the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA). Over time, as additional regulatory requirements related to data emerge, the Technical Project Manager, Regulatory will also assume leadership responsibilities for compliance with those requirements. The incumbent will also assist with any examinations performed by the Credit Union’s regulators related to these regulations. Resources to do the job require reliance on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals utilizing influence on employees not reporting to the Technical Project Manager, Regulatory and a wide degree of creativity and latitude.
Do you see yourself doing this?
- Lead the multidisciplinary effort to generate the quarterly data files. Work with the business SMEs to receive data from third parties. Work with IT to assemble the data into the proper templates and to transmit the files to the NCUA. Partner with Finance and the business SMEs to review completed templates.
- Lead the resolution of issues identified during internal Quality Assurance processes or identified by the NCUA Office of National Examination and Supervision team.
- Interpret and understand NCUA regulatory guidance pertaining to data submissions. Ensure that those requirements are either met or the risks of not fully complying are mitigated to an acceptable level
- Understand all NCUA template data field definitions. Work with ACU’s product owners, to align ACU’s product level data with the requirements of the templates.
- Understand, organize and disseminate NCUA reporting expectations to ACU product business teams and operational support teams so that those teams may prepare and organize themselves to effectively and efficiently support the ONES reporting
- Understand and disseminate NCUA template data information (i.e. new template version, field definition clarification, etc.), when needed, to ACU product business teams so that the proper data is obtained for reporting
- Manage the monthly and quarterly NCUA template processing (ex. Mission Control, Template status dashboard, etc.) so that all templates are generated accurately and in a timely manner
- Manage the NCUA issue management process so that all template data issues are prioritized and addressed in an efficient and timely manner
- Lead meetings of the working teams.
- Serve as a member of the CCPA project team
- Upon completion of project activities (expected by year-end 2020) assume leadership role for executing Alliant’s requirements under the Act
- Work with IT and Business groups to fulfill consumers’ requests under the CCPA
- Liaise with the Privacy Officer regarding compliance requirements
- Ensure the end-to-end, multidisciplinary processes necessary to effectively and efficiently meet CCPA requirements are functioning as designed
- Develop process documentation, controls, and monitoring to evidence compliance with CCPA
- Influence and coach Alliant employees across a variety of teams, none of which report directly to the Technical Project Manager, Regulatory
- Support Employee/Internal Customer Engagement and all cultural hallmarks
- Ensure business needs, questions, and concerns are addressed with accuracy and thoroughness, and within specified time frames; review complex requests and work to resolution in an equitable manner; ensure all actions are conducted in an ethical and professional manner
What makes you a great fit?
You’ll be a great fit if in addition to the completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance or related field, required, and you have:
- 5+ years’ experience in a project management, operations or IT role
- Experience with regulatory requirements in financial services is preferred
- Ability to collaborate effectively with senior management, vendors, and business and technical partners
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong judgment, organizational, decision-making and process management skills
- Demonstrated effectiveness in managing multiple priorities and meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment; flexibility with changing priorities on a daily basis
- Demonstrated commitment to quality and continuous improvement
- Knowledge of NCUA regulatory guidance, preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook required
When you’re happy, we’re happy!
As a thank you for joining our team, you’ll benefit from:
- Competitive medical, dental, and free vision benefits
- Competitive compensation plan
- Contributions towards gym memberships
- Generous PTO and banking holidays off