Delivery Operations Program Manager
Grubhub is the nation's leading online and mobile food ordering company, dedicated to connecting hungry diners with their favorite local restaurants. The people who work at Grubhub are our company's greatest asset; each person at Grubhub plays an integral part in building tools and technology that help restaurants succeed, and in cooking up fresh new ways to delight our diners.
The company’s online and mobile ordering platforms allow diners to order directly from more than 55,000 takeout restaurants in over 1,100 U.S. cities and London. The Grubhub portfolio of brands includes Grubhub, Seamless, AllMenus, and MenuPages.
We want you to enjoy where you work, who you work with and what you work on. At Grubhub, you can order your cake and eat it too!
We are looking for an exceptionally analytical leader to take charge of our delivery operations program. You should have the right balance of analytical skills as well as strategic intuition and know-how. You’ll be responsible for evaluating the ins-and-outs of our current delivery operations as well as defining our long-term vision for the Grubhub delivery ecosystem. A real self-starter, you should have a passion for digging into the business and solving hard problems -- plus a proven track record of getting things done.
Grubhub delivery is a dynamic, rapidly growing part of the business; you must have the critical thinking skills to support and drive key decision making with senior Operations leaders. This role is integral in cross-functional collaboration across the organization. You must be able to work effectively with a diverse set of functions and adapt as the business grows or the context changes. We are scrappy entrepreneurs here at Grubhub so launching, learning and improving are a must.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Craft our delivery operations strategy in partnership with key business leaders, including every facet of our pricing strategy
- Define product/system needs based both on our current business strategy as well as our long term vision for the Grubhub delivery ecosystem; work with the product and technology teams through the requirements, development and release process to ensure that those needs are met
- Analyze the relevant short- and long-term financial, operational, and customer experience KPIs and drive initiatives that improve those metrics with the greatest impact
- Identify structural and process improvement opportunities for our Market Operations teams and own testing and implementation of those
- Lead cross-functional execution across the Market Operations, Driver Network Operations, Product, Technology, and Care teams in executing the defined strategy
You Should Have
- 5-7+ years of experience in strategy and operational roles; must be an adept strategist with experience owning end-to-end implementation
- Track record of driving results and leading execution on cross-functional teams
- Strong attention to detail; Digs into all of the minutiae and understands every aspect of the business; You love to learn and when something isn’t clear you figure it out
- Excellent written and verbal communicator
- Critical thinker with strong analytical skills (you are an expert at Excel and SQL)
- Thrives working in a fast-paced environment with ambitions goals
- Bachelor’s degree in technical or analytical field; MBA is required
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly Grubhub/Seamless credit
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.