Director, Agile Transformation at McDonald's Technology
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries and billions of customers served each year. As the global leader in the food service industry, we have a legacy of innovation and hard work that continues to drive us. Today, we are growing with velocity and are focused on modernizing our experiences, not to make a different McDonald’s, but to build a better McDonald’s.
We are moving fast and are adding to our best-in-class team. Joining McDonald's means thinking big every day and preparing for a career that can have impact around the world. We are customer obsessed, committed to being leaders, and believe we are better when we work together. Over the last couple years, we’ve launched home delivery, modernized our restaurant experience through digital enhancements and have so much more to come.
We are dedicated to using our scale for good: good for people, our industry and the planet. From ambitious recycling initiatives and balanced sourcing efforts to our partnership with Ronald McDonald House Charities, we are constantly improving. We see every single day as a chance to have a genuine impact on our customers, our people and our partners.Job Description
McDonald’s Corporation is on a transformational journey to understand and adapt to market disruptors. On this journey, we will be demonstrating Lean/Agile methodologies to shape and deliver business and technology capabilities. We are searching for an Agile Leader who is eager to take part in cultivating an environment where visibility, speed, quality, and innovation are at the forefront. The Director, Agile Transformation will oversee the Agile Transformation Office by leading executives in defining, designing, and implementing an Agile strategy; expertly coach Agile practices across the organization; and providing Agile thought leadership to stakeholders.
- You will collaborate with executive leadership on portfolio level governance of Agile initiatives.
- You will establish, advance, and maintain a standardized Lean-Agile delivery framework for the organization.
- You will provide vision to Product and Tech teams in support of corporate strategic objectives, and hold both accountable for adopting the Agile mindset while delivering using agile methodologies.
- You will create the Agile Center of Excellence for maximizing operational efficiencies, and driving excellence in execution that is measurable.
- You will define the roadmap of the Agile Transformation Office.
- You will operate as an Agile Coach across the organization.
- You will ensure excellence in employee engagement (onboarding, career growth, compensation, retention, recruiting).
- You will solve departmental issues.
- You will be recognized as an expert in field, by being knowledgeable of emerging trends and industry practices.
- You will conduct the most complex and vital work that is critical to the organization.
- You will work without supervision with complete latitude or independent judgement.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred with 4-6 years of coaching Agile teams and/or leading Agile transformations.
- Minimum of 4 years experience applying Agile practices and principles including scaled agile, Scrum and/or Kanban demonstrating ability to inspect and adapt Agile practices to various situations.
- Advanced knowledge of Scrum, Agile, TDD, CI/CD, Quality, Testing Independently, Automated Deployments, and Pair Programming.
- Proficiency in written, verbal and listening communication including strong presentation and facilitation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead through change, advocate for and influence lean agile transition.
- Confirmed great teammate with the ability to work reciprocally with a variety of partners from management to practitioners.
- Excellent social and influencing skills with demonstrated relationship-building skills.
- Ability to collaborate and work across the organization.
- Excellent organizational skills with strong attention to detail.
- Some combination of CSM, PSM, CSPO, CPO, CAL, or Agile Coach certification.
- Applicants who have launched, stabilized and optimized at the Scaled Agile Portfolio level.
- Experience with Agile Central.
- Experience with the Atlassian suite.
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact [email protected]
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.