Director, Cloud Demand Management at Walgreens
As the Cloud Demand Manager you will serve as the integration point between the Cloud Center of Excellence and business teams identifying new requirements for cloud services. You will be adept at requirements definition, business case development, cloud vendor relationships, and managing the prioritization of service delivery. Understanding the usage and scope of existing services and gaps that would increase utilization and drive business value enables you to manage expectations for availability and deployment.
You will build templates for the utilization of self-service capabilities allowing teams to better estimate cloud costs, resources, and timelines for the deployment of cloud services. You will assist cloud product owners with sprint planning and provide visibility to the business for cloud service product catalogs, roadmaps and availability.
This individual must be able to communicate effectively with business management and be able to translate concepts into terms that technologists and cloud service owners can relate to and be a key influencer on technical decisions that affect the business on a long-term basis.
- Develops a cloud demand management capability, defining and prioritizing the delivery of cloud capabilities for use across the enterprise.
- Influences and drives the delivery of the cloud strategy enabling new public cloud services within a self-serve DevOps environment.
- Partners with business and technical teams to drive and optimize available cloud services.
- Ensures services are architected for cost efficiencies, operations, performance, reliability, and security. May participate in technology assessments, technology strategy reviews, and provide internal consulting.
- Translates complex ideas, technology, and programs into language that senior management and cloud service owners can relate to and performs as a key influencer on technical decisions that affect the business on a long-term basis.
- Leads the Development of metrics and scorecards to influence the technology teams on industry best practices for cloud financial operations.
- Manages budgets, operational plans and performance requirements for the specified are of responsibility. Responsible for meeting budgetary goals and objectives.
- Leads in a fast-paced environment and produces high-quality work under tight deadlines.
- Facilitates communication between staff, management, vendors, and other technology resources within and outside of the organization. Shares highly complex information related to areas of expertise. Interacts with senior management to keep abreast of objectives. Interacts with direct reports and peers in management / customers / vendors to interpret information and improve cross-functional processes and programs. Builds and enhances key internal and external contacts.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans
Walgreens (www.walgreens.com) is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy. As America’s most loved pharmacy, health and beauty company, Walgreens purpose is to champion the health and wellbeing of every community in America. Operating more than 9,000 retail locations across America, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health destination serving approximately 8 million customers each day. Walgreens pharmacists play a critical role in the U.S. healthcare system by providing a wide range of pharmacy and healthcare services. To best meet the needs of customers and patients, Walgreens offers a true omnichannel experience, with platforms bringing together physical and digital, supported by the latest technology to deliver high-quality products and services in local communities nationwide.
Bachelor’s degree and at least 6 years of experience leading Software Engineering and Architecture initiatives OR a High School Diploma/GED and at least 9 years of experience leading Software Engineering and Architecture initiatives.
Experience with public cloud architecture, Cloud strategy, networking, security, compliance workload types, migration patterns and tools. `
Experience with various enterprise applications and IT services, as well as software development, compliance and security, and IT operations disciplines.
Knowledge of cloud design patterns, cloud operations and cloud cost models with experience implementing best practices or suggested improvements.
Experience suggesting competitive and innovative technical decisions, obtaining client buy-in and delivering on commitments
Experience re-architecting applications for cloud platforms.
At least 5 years of experience contributing to financial business decisions in the workplace.
At least 5 years of direct leadership, indirect leadership, and/or cross functional team leadership.
Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
Experience leading a large, highly technical teams in a matrix organization.
Knowledge of app & data architectures and cloud native patterns for development, etc.
Knowledge of Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) philosophy, Chaos Engineering, technologies, platforms and tools, SLA management, incident resolution, and automation
Experience leading collaborative teams to achieve common goals
Experience in large scale internet companies/technologies, where uptime and continuous availability was core to the business
Experience identifying and partnering to implement automation opportunities to drive down toil and reduce technical debt
Experience managing operations of large scale internet-centric Data environments for application or data services serving tens to millions of end users
Experience presenting technical ideas in business-friendly language.
Experience identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
Experience applying standards of cloud compliance to application design to achieve reliability
Knowledge of Networking and cloud technologies, for example Security, Load Balancing, Network routing protocols