About the Role
At Morningstar we believe that our employees are essential to our success, and our compensation programs play a critical role in attracting and retaining talent. For this role, we need someone who can lead some key areas of compensation programming for Morningstar. We are looking for a creative, inspiring leader who can bring new ideas to challenge our thinking and support new business needs. Compensation costs represent Morningstar’s largest expense, so this position requires a seasoned, influential leader who possesses deep analytical skills and financial savvy. Reporting to the Head of Total Rewards, this position is based in our Chicago office
• Refine, design and lead programming for such areas as executive, broad based, sales or equity compensation.
• Ensure transparency and excitement around our compensation philosophies across the company.
• Work with the people domains to execute collaborative and well-rounded programming.
• Work with senior leaders across the firm to create advocates and partners for compensation at Morningstar.
• Direct research and analysis of compensation practices to ensure competitive practices. Maintain a network of contacts and vendors to gather market intelligence.
• At least 10 years compensation experience within a company or consulting organization
• Significant experience with executive compensation, sales compensation, broad-based compensation, and/or equity program administration
• Multinational compensation experience is essential.
• Successful record of managing multiple projects concurrently.
• Strong numerical and analytical skills with the ability to strategically solve problems.
• High level of IT literacy with advanced Excel skills.
• Proficiency in using HR Information Systems (Workday)
• Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) strongly preferred
• University degree or its equivalent.
• Willingness and ability to travel periodically