Director, Developer Advocacy at ServiceNow
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We're looking for people who are ready to roll up their sleeves and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
At ServiceNow we are making it possible for anyone to build low-code applications with our Creator Workflows. We are seeking a seasoned Developer Advocacy leader who is passionate about the developer experience and can take our ServiceNow developer community to the next level. In this role you will shape our developer portal experience and enablement of all types of developers on the Now Platform. You will create targeted programs for our rapidly growing developer community that drive developer adoption, success and advocacy.
What you get to do in this role:
- Lead a team of Technical and Marketing Program Managers and Developer Advocates
- Be a recognized figure within our developer community, foster community relationships and engagement
- Drive the experience of developers engaging with our Developer Portal
- Create content that engages, educates and enables developers to be successful with Creator Workflows such as tutorials, testimonials, podcasts, webinars and technical videos
- Drive the strategy and content creation of our highly successful CreatorCon events
- Create enablement programs for pro developers and citizen developers such as meetups, hackathons, digital and physical events, email campaigns.
- Build and run programs that drive developer advocacy such as our MVP program
- Participate in social media and blogging activities to drive developer awareness
- Identify new channels to reach and engage with developers
- Partner with a cross functional team including Product Marketing, Product Management, Engineering, Events and Campaigns team to drive our developer program.
To be successful in this role you have:
- 10+ years in a technical role such as product management/development/implementation etc.
- 5+ years of experience in Developer Advocacy, Developer Relations or Developer Marketing roles.
- Familiarity with Creator workflows products and the Now Platform, a known member of our developer community is a big plus
- Excellent people management skills to inspire and coach a high performing team
- Ability to set a strong vision for the team and follow through to execution
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong relationship building to interact with peers, colleagues, customers, and third parties
- Up to 30% annually (N/A until travel becomes safe and possible)
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1 (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.