Director - Global Program Management
The exceptionally talented thought leader who fills this role must combine sound business judgment, world-class strategy & operations chops and an ability to directly and indirectly influence stakeholders in order to drive results. We need a big thinker who will challenge us, question previous assumptions and push Groupon to level-up go-to-market capabilities.
As the Director - Project Management, you will be responsible for identifying, developing, operationalizing, and executing large-scale business transformation initiatives. You will have responsibility for successfully driving a portfolio of initiatives concurrently, seamlessly executing plans involving multiple functions and in multiple countries around the globe. You will be responsible for developing a clear understanding of how to drive organizational change management, gaining support not only from senior leadership, but with stakeholders throughout the organization.
You will be required to pivot quickly between a constantly changing canvas of details and process-related minutiae, as well as an eagerness to engage in robust “big picture” conversations with senior leaders from across Groupon. This role is charged with ensuring a balance between efficacy, quality operational design, and rapid execution of a complex strategies involving data, people, processes and technology. Above all, in the face of a mountain of challenging decisions and ambiguous situations, you must take smart risks, make informed decisions and deliver constant progress toward the goal of driving step-function improvements to Groupon’s business.
- Lead change management for the implementation of a portfolio of business transformational initiatives globally. This includes:
- Create robust program management capabilities, driving clear and consistent expectations and accountability across all stakeholder groups
- Create a system to assess awareness, understanding, buy-in and support of change management activities
- Develop a feedback mechanism at strategic touch points to facilitate open discussions of organizational improvement opportunities
- Conduct change readiness assessments, evaluate results, present findings, and make recommendations to senior leaders
- Identify, recruit & indirectly manage a network of change champions across multiple functions and regions
- Create and manage measurement systems to track adoption of the change
- Recruit & manage a small team responsible for driving change management, communications, and training to drive key initiatives
- Develop / coordinate business requirements for a wide variety of cross-functional initiatives, product requirements & operational needs
- Coordinate with regional partners to develop long-term strategy and operational plans for a portfolio of initiatives, including product and operational resource requirements, financial analysis & forecasting
- Work with employees at all levels (executives, people managers, employees) and with various cultural backgrounds to coach and influence for positive business outcomes
- Prepare ad hoc analysis & participate on projects as needed
- Minimum 5 years experience with large-scale organizational change efforts
- Minimum 7 years experience in large, complex organizations
- Constantly delivers progress & will not allow the perfect to become the enemy of the good
- Bias for action, and experience making things happen in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Unquenchable curiosity
- Proven superior program / project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects - prioritization, planning and task delegation
- Experience with change management principles, methodologies & tools required
- Deadline driven with bias towards ruthless prioritization
- Strong skills in data analysis, unstructured problem solving and modeling. Ability to manipulate data and move past simple insights into actionable recommendations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
- Ability to communicate clearly to a wide variety of audiences; ability to influence others and drive towards a common goal
- Entrepreneurial in the truest sense. Must make things happen using resources that either don’t exist or aren’t under your direct control
- Must be able to collaborate effectively to get things done as well as influence without authority
Groupon provides a global marketplace where people can buy just about anything, anywhere, anytime. We’re enabling real-time commerce across an expanding range of categories including local businesses, travel destinations, consumer products, and live or lively events. At the same time, we are providing advertising options and tools that merchants can use to grow and manage their businesses. Culturally, we believe that great people make great companies and that starting with the customer and working backward moves us forward. Community matters to us on an internal, local and global scale—it’s fundamental to our company’s growth and to the well-being of the world at large. We also value self-awareness, candor, lunch and WiFi. If we match with you, please apply to join us.