Director, Global Technology PMO at McDonald's Technology
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries and billions of customers served each year. As the global leader in the food service industry, we have a legacy of innovation and hard work that continues to drive us. Today, we are growing with velocity and are focused on modernizing our experiences, not to make a different McDonald’s, but to build a better McDonald’s.
We are moving fast and are adding to our best-in-class team. Joining McDonald's means thinking big every day and preparing for a career that can have impact around the world. We are customer obsessed, committed to being leaders, and believe we are better when we work together. Over the last couple years, we’ve launched home delivery, modernized our restaurant experience through digital enhancements and have so much more to come.
We are dedicated to using our scale for good: good for people, our industry and the planet. From ambitious recycling initiatives and balanced sourcing efforts to our partnership with Ronald McDonald House Charities, we are constantly improving. We see every single day as a chance to have a genuine impact on our customers, our people and our partners.
Our new, state-of-the-art headquarters is located in the booming West Loop area in the heart of downtown Chicago. It's set up to be a global hub that cultivates innovation. Take a class at Hamburger University, sample future menu items in our Test Kitchen, and utilize the latest technology to communicate with your team around the globe! Our office helps us connect with each other like never before. Participate in monthly organized events, enjoy massive outdoor spaces, an 8000 square foot gym, and an onsite McDonald's serving international favorites.Job Description
McDonald's is undergoing a technology-led transformation, and the Global Technology PMO is at the center of this aggressive change at McDonald’s. Our primary purpose is to ensure operational excellence and drive growth for McDonald’s through technology. The team actively supports the implementation of key strategic initiatives across the global organization.
Oversees the portfolio and provides direction and leadership to the team ensuring successful delivery and value realization.
- Lead the business and technical community on Project and Program management processes.
- Develop project management support policies, standards and procedures that can be consistently applied and demonstrated across the business in support of delivering for our clients.
- Demonstrates the ability to adapt and lead change and coach others in the acceptance and support of change and the ability to formulate questions and ideas.
- Ensure coverage of all areas of expertise necessary to support and grow the business within the PMO Director’s area of responsibility. Create and maintain staffing plans to support the current and future work demands and project deliverables.
- Establish and champion positive relationships with customer organizations, communities of practice and sourcing agencies. Support all areas of the business with finding and assessing talent.
- Advises leadership and/or business executives at the highest levels about the project portfolio, status and resource planning for delivering strategic business initiatives.
- Accountable for leading special projects and company initiatives demonstrating a team of experienced project and program managers.
- Allocates appropriate resources to ensure that projects, enhancements and support is/are completed within committed time, scope and budget.
- Provide leadership, direction, and coaching.
- Has ability to see and account for the “big picture” as well as the details.
- Presents information on projects, initiatives or other subjects to peers, teams and executive leadership.
- Participate in RFP activities including sales meetings with prospective clients.
- Responsible for career development, performance management and communication for PMO staff.
Main areas of focus and the approximate time spent on each is as follows:
- PMO Leadership, Planning and Execution overseeing the portfolio and provides direction and leadership to the team ensuring successful delivery and value realization – 25%
- Partner Management & Communication Planning for the organization – 25%
- Project Change Control and Measure Performance for the organization – 25%
- Project Risk and Issue Management for the organization – 20%
- Adhere to PMO Standards, Processes and Tools – 5%
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to support team building and knowledge sharing.
- Strong ability to engage others in the attainment of the vision for the future. Influences others by enthusiastically sharing the future vision as a means for them to attain their goals.
- Strong ability to establish alliances with other departments and organizations by recognizing dependencies in order to assess potential partnership and commitment to the program.
- Able to achieve results through win-win relationships.
- Strong awareness of cultural diversity and can adopt and capitalize those differences; applies knowledge in decision-making process.
- Endorse change, sponsor change initiatives and search for others organizations’ standard methodologies to adopt or modify change.
- Working with a global workforce and on global client engagements.
- Expert understanding of Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) Discipline (Integration, Scope, Time, Quality, Human Resources, Communications, Risk Management, Procurement), MS Office, Project and Portfolio Management (PPM) software and Systems Development Life Cycle.
- Expert understanding of project lifecycles and the ability to assess the impact of new requirements on an existing team.
- Ability to effectively lead time, prioritize work, multi-task across assignments and delegate appropriately.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience required: Prior corporate and global project management, leadership, and leading projects and people experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required: Project Management Professional (PMP) strongly recommended; Agile certifications strongly recommended (e.g. PSM, CSM, etc.)
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact [email protected]
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.