FourKites is looking for an experienced Director, Integrations who will manage a team of Integration Consultants who work directly with our Fortune 100 customers to handle implementation and integration of our innovative tracking software within existing systems, such as JDA, Oracle, SAP, etc.
This customer facing and hands-on technical position requires managing a team, being cross functional, contributing to all aspects of system integration including design, needs analysis, design review, testing, implementation, and validation.
You will be a player/coach with the ability to manage a diverse team of onshore and offshore consultants while participating at times in hands-on consulting to lead by example in delivering solutions that allow for real-time and/or batch import and export of customer data.
- Directly manage, coach, motivate and mentor a team by providing technology leadership to foster team level collaboration, productivity, efficiency and agility
- Responsible for the successful execution of the integration workstream on projects with new and existing customers
- Support team to clear roadblocks on customer projects, acting as point of escalation internally and externally
- Act as project sponsor on technically complex implementations
- Collaborate cross-functionally to support team in delivering best in class integration solutions
- Responsible for shaping and driving integration team growth and strategy
- Collaborate with and train consultants on best practices, internal tool usage, technical roadblock mitigation and process improvements
- Provide technical assessment of the impact of any changes to product requirements
- Contribute to the continued improvement of the organization’s development procedures
- Ensure all technical work is properly scoped, identifying risks and partnering internally and externally to ensure alignment for project success.
- Active participant in growing best practice offerings, develop documentation and sharing knowledge with internal and customer teams
- Plan, delegate, and track task assignments to team members
- Plan, track and report on team resource capacity and utilization
- 5+ years’ experience in technical leadership and people management (preferably in an Agile environment)
- Ability to define and track metrics that give insight into team productivity and velocity
- 8+ years experience in customer-facing technical consulting
- Ability to create clear and concise goals for individual team members and foster accountability and ownership for the quality of delivered code
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or Equivalent
- Customer facing experience with enterprise-level clients
- Proven skill with verbal and written communication with both business and technical contacts
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot complex issues and find resolutions
- Ability to prioritize work and manage multiple projects and demands simultaneously
- Ability to work in a face-paced, agile environment
- Excellent critical thinking skills
- Understanding of leading TMSs, such as JDA, Oracle, SAP, BluJay, MercuryGate, etc.
- Knowledge of communication protocols (FTP, HTTP, HTTPS, etc.)
- Working knowledge of web service calls (API, SOAP, REST, etc.)
- Understanding of file structures (XML, EDI, flat file, etc.)
- Experience in the logistics industry or with Transportation Management Systems a plus
- Experience with Project Management concepts and methodologies
- Ability to travel up to 25%
FourKites is the fastest-growing predictive supply chain platform, backed by top-tier VC firms in Silicon Valley, Boston and Chicago, delivering real-time visibility and execution for Fortune 500 companies and third-party logistics firms. Using a proprietary algorithm to calculate shipment arrival times, FourKites enables customers to lower operating costs, improve on-time performance, and strengthen end-customer relationships. With a network of more than four million GPS/ELD devices, FourKites covers all modes including ocean, rail, parcel and over-the-road. The platform is optimized for mobile and equipped with market-leading end-to-end security. We look for smart, agile, creative team players who are ready to roll up their sleeves and deliver for our customers.