Director, Program Management Contract Lifecycle Management (CLM) at DocuSign
Director, Program Management – Contract Lifecycle Management (CLM) Role
Engineering & Tech Operations | Chicago, Illinois
Our agreement with employees:
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agree-able for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better than we found it. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our Engineering & Tech Operations team builds and operates complex solutions for global business challenges that cross cultures, legal jurisdictions, and impacts millions of people and businesses every day. We hire people with a broad set of skills and people who want to work on creating never-been-done-before solutions at scale while ensuring world-class reliability and security. Our Agreement Cloud is a revolutionary solution that changes the way people live, work, and come to agreement.
Manage a team of project and program management professionals driving these outcomes. Identify opportunities to improve standard processes and tools within the CLM Program Management team and broader Product Development program management organization.
- Lead a team managing the program-level decomposition of product launch work across multiple delivery teams
- Build strategic partnerships and collaborate with department heads
- Collaborate across organizational boundaries to define program interdependencies and release plans
- Coach team members working with scrum teams on planning activities for scope commitments
- Partner with product managers to define end to end launch plans and identify gaps. Include key partners such as Design, IX, Sales, Marketing, Globalization, Support, etc.
- Keep executives and business teams updated on key project timelines, metrics, and results
- Define communication plan for programs. Lead communication within the team, to stakeholders and at cross-functional meetings
- Manage stakeholder relationships to best align program team capacity with priorities of the CLM portfolio
- Define standards for program team driving CLM portfolio progress. Own reporting against progress for product portfolio commitments and overall program schedule(s).
- Ensure adherence to engineering SDLC and visibility to release management (e.g. release targets updated during sprint planning)
- Identify and track risks to engineering delivery and overall program schedule
- Identify and improve standard processes at the team or organizational level
- Some travel required, including possibly international (~20%)
- 12+ years leading complex, cross-functional, global programs
- 5+ years managing a team of program managers
- Experience building strong cross-team relationships and partnerships
- Proven experience and ability to successfully collaborate with multiple business and technical functions in the areas of research, design, software engineering infrastructure, technical operations, release management, and go to market teams
- Experience establishing and driving adoption of PMO standards
- Proficient using Atlassian Toolset: Jira, Confluence
- Equally confident in leading discussions with executive team members as working with software developers
- Experience in a company that has scaled or experience in both small-scale and large-scale software development organizations
- A mix of both startup and enterprise software development experience
- Skilled at dealing with ambiguity, establishing win-win outcomes, defining next steps, and driving successful execution of plans in a rapidly growing and changing environment
- Strong business acumen and technical background, with the ability to quickly understand and communicate technical concepts and challenges across wide-ranging audiences
- Experience leading teams building platform level services to support enterprise business processes on a SaaS platform
- Ability to lead without authority to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Strong grasp of lean and agile methodologies
- Certifications: PMP, CSM or similar
DocuSign® helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature: the world's #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, hundreds of thousands of customers and hundreds of millions of users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people's lives. Plus, we save more trees together! And that’s a good thing.
DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer. DocuSign is committed to building a diverse team of talented individuals who bring different perspectives to the discussion and who feel a sense of inclusion and belonging when they join our team. Individuals seeking employment at DocuSign are considered without regards to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.