Director, Project Management at closerlook, inc.
About the job
This role will oversee the project management functions and growth of a large and/or complex book of business. Individuals at this level will be charged with managing teams and processes to ensure that their book of business meets both internal and client expectations on a consistent basis. An important distinction between this role and the Senior Project Manager role is that the Project Directors are strategic leaders who work within their department and across departments to ensure our approach to project management is meeting closerlook’s and our clients’ most important goals, beyond the specific scope of project work for the client(s) they work on at any given time.
PDs handle challenges and stressful situations in a calm, direct, diligent, and respectful manner. When encountering these situations, they focus on solutions and get others to follow their lead. They demonstrate empathy and can see/understand multiple ways of looking at the same issue and their leadership skills extend beyond their direct accounts – they keep the overall interest of closerlook and the client company in mind when making decisions.
- Demonstrates solid relationships with internal stake-holders across all competencies, along with the ability to appropriately navigate through difficult situations during the course of a project life-cycle
- Able to collaboratively partner with Senior level members of their project team to determine the plan for the account and any current or potential projects
- Seen as a senior-level leader within the organization who can help closerlook better our processes and procedures to deliver the best and most efficient project work possible
- Driven to help closerlook meet our financial goals
- Solution-focused, pro-active and able to stay calm under pressure
- Able to confront difficult situations and initiate difficult discussions.
- Able to present information to clients and potential clients when needed
Project Management Master
- Experienced success on a variety of project types, and therefore can provide appropriate consultations and leadership/coaching to their direct reports, and the project management team, as well as to other departments
- Is able to assist with new business pursuits and provide pricing, scope assumptions and timing for new work in a timely manner
- Possesses the ability to quickly understand and evaluate any issue brought to them, and can develop a solution in a calm, critical and intelligent manner
- Possesses deep pharmaceutical project process knowledge and can be a senior resource to any member of the project management team
- Identify cross competency/brand process improvements and works with the larger team to implement
- Identify opportunities to increase project profitability, and alerts their Account Team partners when necessary
- Can lead the team in discussions around taking calculated risks, can develop a risk mitigation plan at the onset of project and as required
Advanced financial focus
- Is responsible for financial month close reporting of their work and that of their direct reports by the 5th business day of the month
- Collaborates with Account Director to ensure that monthly projections are accurate, can make adjustments to the projection sheet if required
- Is able to think about revenue beyond the current month, but considers impact of revenue sliding/moving up from quarter to quarter or calendar/fiscal year
- Partner with the Account Directors in an effort to support the growth of the account(s) he/she oversees
- Assist in developing and sharing a vision for the account as a whole over the long term, both in terms of relationships and work product
- Proactively solicit information about what other accounts within the company are doing to see if it may be applicable to the account(s) they oversee
- Contributes strategic thinking and reviewing budget/timing information during brand planning
- Plays an integral part in facilitating any discussions around new work or plans for new work that could impact the account and require any changes to staffing, resources, etc.
Management and coaching skills
- Provide coaching, mentoring, training and supervision to new and junior employees
- Possesses the ability to oversee multiple direct reports and manage them against a client’s book of business
- Able to navigate and help lead their team through ambiguous processes or work that we’ve never done before.
- Possess people management skills and is able to manage through challenging times and build a successful project management team under them.
- Can provide direct, constructive feedback, provide positive reinforcement and delegate work appropriately.
ABOUT CLOSERLOOK, INC.
closerlook is a new type of marketing agency that helps biopharma brands make a difference in the lives of patients and those who care for them.
We focus on what matters most—the combination of better patient outcomes and bigger business impact.
Learn more at closerlook.com
EQUALITY FOR ALL: AT THE HEART OF WHAT MATTERS
At closerlook, equality for all is a core value that’s at the heart of what matters. We believe in building a diverse and inclusive culture across race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, mental health, and physical ability. We celebrate our differences and champion diverse thinking to drive innovation — in a safe environment so everyone can be their authentic selves. By valuing and promoting our different backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences as strengths, we are positioned to best serve patients, healthcare professionals, and the communities around us.