eCommerce Channel Specialist, Zoro
Role: eCommerce Channel Specialist
Location: Chicago, IL or Buffalo Grove, IL
Company Summary:In the past seven years, Zoro has grown from a group of 6 people working out of a 2,000 square foot building, offering fewer than 100,000 products to a group of 250+ working out of a 60,000+ square foot building, offering more than 2,000,000 unique products.
We are looking for a highly motivated change agent who can collaborate with cross-functional teams, build and maintain vendor relationships, manage multiple projects and meet tight deadlines. The ideal candidate is a creative problem-solver that will turn any challenge into an opportunity and is comfortable working with several moving pieces at once. This individual should also be adaptable to new technology and can think holistically to update our business workflows for our internal teams, especially IT, Customer Service and Product.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Ecommerce Channel Specialist reports to the Sr. Ecommerce Channel Manager and works closely with the Ecommerce Channel Managers to grow and develop Zoro’s ecommerce strategy.
- Create new product listings on various ecommerce channels
- Optimize product listings via product content, promotions, advertising and other opportunities
- Communicate Zoro’s priorities and goals for the ecommerce channels, internally and externally, and execute those goals successfully
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams such as Customer Service, Pricing, Product & Promotions to create and maintain positive customer experiences on some of Zoro’s largest revenue channels
- Communicate and work closely with external vendors and partners
- Identify key trends, issues and root causes and make recommendations for improvements
- Prepare and deliver presentations to different audiences, and perform ad-hoc analysis as needed
- Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in a business-related field
- 1-2 years of work experience required in merchandising, product, marketing, or operations, preferably in an e-Commerce or retail environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Highly organized with excellent time management skills and ability to juggle several projects at once
- Strong spreadsheet modeling (Excel pivot tables and vlookup) and presentation creation skills
- Basic understanding of statistics, testing methods and margin setting for promotions\
- Experience using digital & web analytics and management software is a plus