Engagement Manager at DocuSign
Customer Success | Chicago, Illinois
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agree-able for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our Customer Success team is the largest organization in the world focused entirely on agreement processes and technologies. We are the Agreement Experts. With hundreds of thousands of successful customers worldwide, we know how to help our customers see results quickly. And that experience is just one of the reasons our customers trust us to connect, automate, and integrate their systems of agreement, everywhere they need to get work done. As part of our global team of Agreement Experts – in professional services, customer success management, learning and enablement, and customer support – you’ll bring your knowledge, insights, and proven expertise to help our customers achieve more than they ever thought possible
DocuSign is the leader in electronic signatures. We are looking for an Engagement Manager to join our Customer Success team. The Customer Success team is responsible for all elements of customer success including: digital transformation strategy, adoption best practices, implementation services, education and support. The Engagement Manager team fulfills the role of a trusted advisor to sales and customers with a strong understanding of end-to-end professional services. They have the ability to understand a customer’s needs, convey steps that customers can take to be successful, recommend best practices in deploying software, and align the right services to promote successful customer outcomes. The Engagement Manager partners closely with the field sales team and support their deals through the alignment and selling of services. Engagement Managers are the conduit between Sales and Customer to ensure the downstream teams area prepared to support the services that are sold during the sales cycle. Engagement Managers maintain effective relationships with Operations personnel, Consulting and PMO leadership and personnel; and, align to company as well as the client’s practices and goals.
This position is an Individual Contributor and reports to the Director of Global Engagement Management.
- Collaborate with other Engagement Managers to support SMB and MidMarket sales in a deal desk environment.
- Provide ad hoc recommendations and guide field sales to be self-sufficient and able selecting the right services for their deals.
- Develop strong relationships with Field Sales, Customers, Customer Success, and Operations to ensure alignment and partnerships to support global field sales through services selling.
- Quickly engage in a selling cycle, align to the sales team’s account and deal strategies and recommend the appropriate services to support customer outcomes.
- Communicate technical concepts in business or technical terms.
- Aptitude to scope services, propose and recommend approaches to customers, and estimate work effort to develop a Statement of Work.
- Understanding of services and what outcomes are achieved when each type of services are leveraged by customers.
- Understanding of project methodologies (Agile, Hybrid, Waterfall) and ability to communicate the differences of each as well as how the projects are managed in each approach.
- Partner with Customer Success to ensure appropriate knowledge transfer is conducted once a deal is sold and to support the team when challenges arise.
- Anticipate problems and recommend innovative solutions; achieve customer satisfaction through the sale of sound consulting projects.
- Ability to Travel: Typically, 25%
- 5+ years of experience in an enterprise level software consulting or services sales role
- Bachelors’ Degree
- Must have a background in consulting as a consultant
- Ability to collaborate with sales to identify customer needs and define the appropriate services to support a deal
- Ability to scope and estimate projects and drive contracts and deals to closure.
- Understanding of development lifecycle (Agile, Hybrid, Waterfall) and ability to communicate the differences of each as well as how the projects are managed in each approach
- Knowledge of SaaS and Cloud-based offerings is a plus
- Collaborative and open to support the team on deals, processes, and share skills of how to be most productive as an Engagement Manager
- Must be a self starter who initiates their own personal growth through independent learning of DocuSign’s Agreement Cloud and methods to support customers in digitizing their System of Agreement
- Excellent team building, verbal and written communication skills as well as reporting and presentation expertise
DocuSign® is changing how business gets done by empowering hundreds of thousands of companies and tens of millions of users in most countries around the world to sign, send and manage documents anytime, anywhere, on any device with confidence. DocuSign replaces printing, faxing, scanning and overnighting documents with the easiest, fastest, most trusted way to make every approval and decision digital. Organizations of all sizes and industries are accelerating contracts, approvals and workflows with DocuSign's Digital Transaction Management (DTM) platform and eSignature solution. DocuSign keeps life and business moving forward.
DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at DocuSign are considered without regards to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.