Enterprise Architect at Kin + Carta
Kin + Carta exists to make the world work better by delivering transformative growth for our clients. As a digital transformation firm, we apply creativity, data, and technology to help clients invent, market, and operate new digital products and services that turn prospects into customers, and customers into advocates. Kin + Carta seamlessly integrates the strategic consulting, software engineering and marketing technology needed to help businesses 'Make It Happen'.
Kin + Carta operates under an organizational model called “The Connective,” a global ecosystem of over 1,600 technologists, strategists, and creatives. Together, the Connective provides full-service capabilities for not only our clients but for employee experience and mobility.
Consultants at Kin + Carta have the opportunity to: engage with the most cutting-edge emerging technologies, solve difficult problems for some of the world’s biggest companies, and work within a breadth of industries.
Kin + Carta is headquartered in Chicago and London with offices across four continents. Our culture and shared ways of working unite us globally, but it’s our diverse specialisms, our connections, and our courage that makes our firm a recognized best place to work.
We are a culture of innovators and thought leaders, educators, and contributors to the technology community. We are passionate advocates of Agile principles and adhere to them both in how we deliver our projects as well as how we run our business.
Who You Are:
- Ready to help shape our architecture practice and make an impact on the firm’s growth
- Strategic thought leader advising on building technical roadmaps, defining modern enterprise architecture and guiding teams to deliver it successfully
- Passionate application architect with a history of working with enterprise technologies, and leading the development effort of large-scale systems
- You are bored with the technologies you are working with and hungry to apply your enterprise skills in an emerging technology environment
- You are now ready to learn from our leading CX experts and work on some of the most cutting-edge enterprise and emerging technologies
- You are constantly looking for outlets to share knowledge, get published, and present within the IT and business community
- Your work colleagues are your friends, your bosses are proud of you, and your clients always want you back. You’re ready to take the next step in your career.
- You have a knack for picking up new technologies quickly and the ability to apply concepts learned in other technologies and frameworks to those new platforms.
- Strong OO programming background and mastery of design patterns to help engineers apply best practices
- A deep background in mobile or emerging technologies is not required, but a passion for emerging technology is crucial
- An understanding of security/access control, scalability, high availability, and concurrency patterns
- A demonstrated command of cloud-native, microservices-based architectures
About This Job
- A senior thought leader leading the architecture design for Fortune 500 clients
- A technical leader across the firm, projects, and pre-sales work
- A servant leader in the development of standards, architectural governance, design patterns, and practices
- Ability to communicate, both internally and externally, in an effective, timely professional and courteous manner
- Ability to work in an environment of competing and alternating priorities with a constant focus
- Capable of upwardly influencing the strategic direction of business solutions
- Ready to get hands on if needed. Should have a broad level of skills in architecting solutions including mobile, web, integration middleware, database & data warehouse, front-end technology & framework, security, and cloud infrastructure.
- Mentoring, inspiring and leading tech leads, and engineers on proper development practices, patterns, and techniques.
- Flexibility and creativity in solution design including leveraging emerging technologies
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, computer science or related discipline
We welcome our Kin to show up as their full selves everyday. Because this is so important to us, Kin + Carta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.