Enterprise Ops Specialist - Contracts and Vendor Management, Zoro Tools
Title: Enterprise Operations Specialist - Contracts and Vendor Management
Reports to: Senior Manager, Enterprise Operations
Location: Buffalo Grove, IL
Company Summary: In the past seven years, Zoro has grown from a group of 6 people working out of a 2,000 square foot building, offering fewer than 100,000 products to a group of 250+ working out of a 60,000+ square foot building, offering more than 2,000,000 unique products.
Responsible for the administration and support of Enterprise Operations projects as it relates to contracts and vendor management ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments and goals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Draft and review contract revisions and edit contracts to correspond with company standard terms.
- Coordinate and obtain approvals from relevant internal stakeholders for non-standard contract language.
- Responsible for entering into and maintaining contracts in the company’s contract management system.
- Collaborate with internal subject matter experts in Finance, Legal, Risk Management and other departments regarding contract terms and obligations requiring feedback and/or approval.
- Monitor vendor compliance to contractual obligations and evaluates vendor performance to determine necessary amendments/extensions to the contracts.
- Support sourcing projects including RFx’s, obtaining quotes, analyzing bids and proposals, etc.
- Perform a variety of tasks to assist the Sr. Manager, Enterprise Operations to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university required.
- 3+ years of experience in contracts, procurement, vendor management or related field in a corporate environment required.
- Professional certification such as CCCM, CP, PP or CLA is a plus.
- Experience in the eCommerce industry is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to understand legal, risk and business impacts to contract language.
- Strong verbal/written communication skills as the individual in this role will work directly with a wide range of stakeholders, including upper management and vendors.
- Strong time management skills – ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Strong computer and internet skills – deep understanding of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Must be detail oriented with the ability to manage multiple initiatives simultaneously to enable the effective management of contracts and vendor management projects.
Zoro is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.