Enterprise Project Manager at VelocityEHS
*Open to candidates that reside in the Oakville, Ontario and Ann Arbor, Michigan area*
The Enterprise Project Manager plays a key leadership role in projects that drive the organization’s business objectives. To do this they must work closely with their team members and business stakeholders to ensure all project requirements, deadlines, and schedules are on track. They must also be skilled in making efficient use of their team members time and carefully balancing that time between clashing priorities. The Enterprise Project Manager possesses business acumen and sophisticated analytic thinking, advance knowledge of project management system capabilities/integrations, and a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with team members at all levels, including executive leadership. Projects that achieve business objectives increase benefit realization, value creation, ROI and the achievement of results and outcomes are things that are very exciting to Project Managers.
The VelocityEHS work environment is dynamic, innovative and entrepreneurial. We have a results-oriented culture that demands intelligence, teamwork and follow-through. If you have these qualities and are a self-starter with creativity and a strong work ethic then this is the job for you - check out the details below and apply now.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Key Responsibilities include:
- Provide leadership, expertise and direction on multiple large-scale complex projects or programs.
- Serve as a single point-of-contact for all business areas and stakeholder groups.
- Use industry-standard best practices to assure performant delivery of project objectives, milestones and deliverables, as well as champion compliance with all operational processes.
- Assist in the direction and/or training of project analysts, coordinators, technical staff and project support staff, where deemed appropriate.
- Produce, edit, distribute, and maintain a variety of business documents such as reports, technical mappings and specifications, procedures, training materials, etc. for a variety of audiences.
- Translate strategies/policies into specific goals, tactics, action plans and deliverables including managing scope and budget.
- Provide leadership in the requirements gathering process (both business requirements and technical requirements).
- Assures appropriate integration between project sponsor, change manager, project team members, and business stakeholders to identify and address change management efforts.
- Responsible for leading and driving project communications, initiatives and day-to-day operation activities along with project status reporting.
- Identify operational deficiencies, suggest solution ideas, and take initiative to seeing those ideas come to life.
Minimum Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Project Management, Information Technology, Business, Finance, or relevant degree required.
- Minimum seven years of comparable work experience.
- Exceptional skills in written, verbal, and active listening communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships, be a team player and able to work collaboratively with and through others.
- Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal.
- Flexible and adaptable; able to work in ambiguous situations; resilient and tenacious
- Organized with a natural inclination for planning strategy and tactics, problem solving and root cause identification skills.
- Acute business acumen and understanding of organizational issues and challenges.
- Demonstrated proficiency with project planning, research, and analysis.
- Understanding of systems, development methodologies, systems architecture, systems administration, and tools and processes that support modern business systems.
- Demonstrated ability to create interesting, cogent, and well-edited presentations, and deliver communications to stakeholders including executive leadership.
- Proficiency in MS Office products and web-based tools.
- Basic knowledge of change management principles, methodologies and tools.
- Experience with large-scale organizational projects.
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- Project Management Professional certification an asset.
- Ability to look at initiatives from a consultative approach, understand viewpoints from both sides of the table and recommend appropriate actions to progress forward or resolve conflicts.
- Large group facilitation experience preferred.
- Process Mapping experience preferred.
- Experience in high growth environments.
- SaaS environment / background desirable.
VelocityEHS is the largest and fastest growing environmental, health, safety (EHS) and sustainability software company in the world. More than 8 million people rely on our innovative on-demand (cloud-computing technology) safety and compliance management solutions to do their jobs safely and protect the environment.
At VelocityEHS, success is an everyday occurrence. Everyone who walks through our doors has an opportunity to make an impact. Our people make the difference at VelocityEHS – that's why we're not just looking for people with the right skills, but for those with the right drive, the right passion and the right character to make our entire team better. We still operate with the same start-up mentality that has made us the leading cloud EHS company, and offer each and every employee the opportunity to grow and reach their full potential.
We’re driven by the work we do to keep others safe, but we also like to have fun while doing it. We believe in producing great results, but also in enjoying the ride. Work-Life balance means two things at VelocityEHS – having time for your life outside of work, and taking steps to bring more life into the workplace. Between all the variety of workplace events, volunteer opportunities and other group activities available, we never forget that dynamic people need and deserve a place to work.
Finally, we understand that taking care of our customers starts with taking care of our employees. Our benefits include excellent medical and dental plans, matching 401(k) saving plan, and RRSPS saving plans, generous PTO and more. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)