Enterprise Solutions Manager at Toast
We’re not your traditional tech company. We recognize that talented people often come from outside the tech space. No matter what your background is, there’s a place for you at Toast. We’ve 86’d the conventional workplace for one where people can truly bring their full selves to work. Together, we empower restaurants of all sizes to build great teams, increase revenue, improve operations, and delight their guests. We pair our deep understanding of the restaurant industry with powerful cloud based software and restaurant-grade hardware to deliver an intuitive all-in-one platform. Join us on our mission to empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Bready* to make a change?
The Enterprise Solutions Engineer Manager will be responsible for managing the day to day activities of their defined portion of the Enterprise Solutions Engineering team. This includes monitoring all Salesforce activities to ensure data cleanliness. In addition, the manager will monitor and maintain all activity reporting and analysis, and will work with sales enablement to further the education of the sales team. The Enterprise Solutions Engineer manager will report team updates at Enterprise/Mid-Market Quarterly Business Reviews, and report to the Director of Enterprise Solutions Engineering.
About this roll*:
- Manage the Enterprise Solutions Engineer (ESE) team, including hiring and ensuring proper training & on-boarding
- Defines team quarterly OKRs and approves individual OKRs
- Coach ESEs on demo skills and functional values of toast
- In conjunction with the Director of Enterprise Solutions Engineering, approve customer lab assignments
- Oversee lab engagements and ensure all deliverables are met
- Travel with ESEs to provide feedback and coaching where applicable
- Review all deliverables from Toast Customer Success Evaluation for accuracy and completion
- Be an expert in the product with complete knowledge of the technologies implemented in the application software, hardware, and cloud architecture
- Weekly 1:1 with team members to review pipeline
- Monthly 1:1 with Sales Executives to ensure their business needs are being met
- Builds team awareness of customer business and operational challenges
- Work with EIC manager to maintain consistent communication between sales/services
- Supports the ESE team during the Pilot (Proof of Concept) phase; assisting with escalation and resolution
- Works with Enterprise Sales and Product teams to ensure deal desk approval process is executed correctly
- Reviews all feature requests with Product Management and ESE team
- Works with Product Management and ESE team to understand and translate approved product Master Service Agreement timelines to customer.
- Facilitate ESE team in building/maintaining relationships with 3rd party partners (Online Ordering, Loyalty, Labor Scheduling, BI etc.).
- Assisting Enterprise Sales and Marketing in response to Request for Proposal process.
- Provide updates on all ongoing ESE projects and metrics to channel leadership
- Strict adherence and enforcements of solutions team cultural norms and values
Do you have the right ingredients*?
- Minimum five years hospitality or related industry experience required
- Comprehensive understanding of complex restaurant operations
- Ability to handle complex customer communications fluently while maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction
- Detail oriented and possess strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of competitive landscape
- POS and back-office application knowledge required with experience in working in pilot (Proof of Concept) environment a plus
- Ability to manage multiple customer engagements simultaneously working in a fast paced environment
- Project management skills are beneficial
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Strong leadership ability
*Bread puns encouraged but not required