Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
We are looking for an individual who has a strong passion to work in the Equity Team and has experience managing global equity plans for a growing company. This position will report to the Head of Equity Operations.
What you'll do
- Experience running Global Equity Plans and compliance, and rolling out to new countries
- Ensure that all forms of equity compensation are administered following the terms and conditions of the plan under which they are granted
- Ability to interpret and understand the legal requirements such as security regulations, registration and filings, government legislations, and all other equity compliance requirements
- Experience in implementing and leading ESPP plan
- Proven track record to partner with cross-functional teams, including Legal, Tax, Payroll, Accounting, Audit, Financial Reporting, Investor Relations, and People, to communicate and ensure the equity administration processes support the Company and stakeholders broadly including for areas such as compliance, tax reporting, and regulatory requirements
- Experience handling the insider trading program and SEC filings, Section 16 compliance (Form 3, 4, and 5), 10b5-1 plans, and stock ownership compliance administration
- Experience building and preparing employee educations and communications
- Interacts with transfer agent and third party stock administrator to ensure that trades are settled timely; reconcile instructions and transfer agent activities
- Maintenance of stock plan documentation for both internal and SOX compliance
- Experience in Proxy reporting requirements
- Ability to respond to employee inquires and coordinating with internal teams and vendors as appropriate to resolve issues
- Provide periodic educational sessions, presentations, and communications, in order to promote an understanding of the Company’s equity program and policies;
- Prepare and produce ad hoc analyses and customized reports upon request on related equity activities and forecasts, including share availability for awards and projections for option pool needs
- Assist in preparation of financial statement disclosures for the company’s equity plan and stock-based compensation expense for reporting and audit purposes
- Lead efforts to grow and scale including but not limited to enhancing existing manual processes, automating processes, and evaluating service providers
What we look for
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, or Accounting
- CEP certification (preferred)
- Equity accounting experience (preferred)
- 5-7 years of progressive stock administration experience with 3 years in a publicly-traded company
- Extended Experience with building employee education and training
- Experience with different equity award forms, i.e. RSU, PSU and stock option and ESPP
- General knowledge of global equity taxation
- Excellent interpersonal skills to create strong business relationships inside the Company
- Independent, with a high degree of business and legal judgment, demonstrating the ability to lead projects
- Self-starter, able to spot issues & develop paths to business-oriented resolutions
Location - Remote Canada
The majority of our roles can be located anywhere in the U.S. (exclusive of the U.S. Territories) and Canada (with the exception of Quebec).
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.