The Group: Morningstar’s Business Development & Sales group is responsible for helping our advisor and institutional clients build their businesses and provide better outcomes for investors. The group is structured primarily along the following client segments: Advisor, Asset Management, Retirement, Redistributor, and Commodities & Energy.
The Role: We are looking for a talented ESG Sales Enablement Program Manager who will focus on developing and delivering our ESG enablement program. Sustainable investing is a key Morningstar strategic initiative and this role is critical to ensure we maintain a competitive advantage by building a program that enables and elevates the ESG skill set of our global sales, client advisory and customer success teams.
In 2020, Morningstar and Sustainalytics came together as one firm. We now have an extensive sustainable investing roadmap that includes integrating our data, software and research solutions. We need an experienced and passionate ESG focused Sales Enablement owner who will help our sales, client advisory and customer success teams prepare for this expanded ESG product suite. Increasing our ESG solution pipeline and expanding client relationships are among the areas where this role will have direct impact. To achieve our goals client facing associates need training on our products; this includes educating on our value proposition, the target client personas, the use cases and client discovery that will uncover opportunities to position our ESG solutions.
Reporting to the Head of Sales Enablement & Talent Development, the ESG Sales Enablement Program Manager will partner with stakeholders across the organization to design, develop and execute impactful ESG focused programs. This role will grow individual capabilities and build organizational knowledge specifically around our ESG capabilities that are delivered and supported through our global sales, customer success and client advisory teams. This role will elevate our client facing team’s ability to expand and enhance the way they engage with clients.
Our ideal candidate is passionate about and well informed on sustainable investing and understands Morningstar’s company objectives to suggest and implement an industry leading ESG enablement program. Candidates who will excel in this role hold excellent organizational skills and an ability to interact with and motivate team members across a diverse and complex organization. This position is based in Chicago or New York City.
- Develop a full spectrum of training curriculum appropriate for each audience: Generalists (GBDs), Mid-Market Accounts (MMA), Specialists, Client Advisors, Customer Success Managers (CSMs); this includes taking inventory of existing curriculum, identifying gaps and developing missing content.
- Be a key stakeholder in the delivery of training programs including onboarding, new go-to-market solutions, significant methodology changes and enhancements to existing solutions.
- Partner with senior leaders to identify overall ESG training needs, specifically related to client relationships and sales goals. Establish evaluation metrics.
- Collaborate with Sellers, Client Advisors and Customer Success Managers on account plans, providing expertise where ESG solutions may match client needs. Offer coaching where appropriate.
- Report on training program effectiveness and adjust programs as needed.
- Be resourceful to learn and master the complexities of the industry that Morningstar serves.
Experience, Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 7+ years in financial services. Experience in the following would be supportive of this role: sustainable investing, sales, sales enablement, training, development and coaching.
- Proven experience in a training role with the ability to manage the full training cycle.
- A desire to work directly with individuals and in team environments.
- Strong client focus and ability to quickly and effectively build and sustain relationships to establish trust.
- Experience using a Learning Management System (LMS) preferred.
- Experience using Salesforce or other sales enablement tools preferred.
- Effective presentation skills to groups of all levels via virtual classroom and in person.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills across all levels in the organization.
- Strong project management skills with demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects/priorities.
- Strong skills in MS Office and the ability to learn additional programs as needed.
001_MstarInc Morningstar Inc. Legal Entity