Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers, and which is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Responsible for helping to develop, execute, and evaluate the management of regulatory examinations. The role maintains a positive relationship by interacting on a regular basis with examiners from the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, Federal Reserve, and various state regulatory agencies in preparation for, and during, an examination. Works under minimal supervision.
- Maintains metrics regarding examination request responsiveness. Schedules and facilitates meetings between the business and examination team.
- Maintains an enterprise-wide, centralized repository of regulatory inquiries, examination requests and responses, reports of examination and any examination matters requiring attention. Provides regular examination status reports to senior management. Communicates examination findings and trends to other practice groups within the Legal Department in addition to Corporate Risk and Corporate Compliance.
- Provides regular updates to senior management regarding the examination status. Communicates examination findings.
- Works with Facilities, Business Technology, and Human Resources to ensure adequate access and work environment at each DFS location. Distributes and tracks initial and subsequent examination requests.
- Establishes regular preparation meetings with the target business unit(s) in advance of an examination. Pre-examination coordination of the respective agency examiner-in-charge to communicate logistics.
- Makes informed decisions regarding examination matters. Works with senior management to analyze examination requests and provides direction for effective approach to examination requests. Provides input and assists in coordination of Regulatory Coordination and Bi-Weekly Exam Management meetings.
- Prepares updates for Executive Management, Governance Committees, and the Board of Directors. Regularly assesses examination process and make changes to support enhanced regulatory expectations.
- Keeps current with emerging regulatory topics and best practices, and disseminates across the appropriate business units.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Law or related field
- 6+ years of experience in Consumer Financial Services, Employment, Intellectual Property, Antitrust or related field
- In lieu of degree, 10+ years of experience in Consumer Financial Services, Employment, Intellectual Property, Antitrust or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply today!