Experienced Consultant, ERP
Experienced Consultant, ERP
222 W Adams St, 11th Floor
Chicago, Illinois, 60606
West Monroe isn’t a start-up consulting firm, but we act like one.
From day one, our people have the opportunity to make a definitive personal impact for their clients and their careers. What does this mean? It means we seek out the best of the best, and then we challenge them to make us better.
If you are looking to be a “behind the scenes” technologist, this isn’t the place for you. We celebrate driven professionals who thrive in a collaborative environment. Our consultants work on front lines – partnering with clients to deliver game changing solutions in the most dynamic industries. Sound interesting? Then West Monroe Partners just might be the place for you.
Think you're up to the challenge?
West Monroe Partners is currently seeking an Experienced Consultant to develop and maintain our ERP solution line with the entrepreneurial capability to grow and thrive in an expanding Operations Excellence Practice. At West Monroe Partners, you will have the opportunity to own your own career while engaging in high impact projects.
West Monroe Partners’ ERP solution line applies practical solutions and proven methods to help our clients achieve their business goals through efficient and informed application of ERP technology
Our clients’ ERP projects range from short strategic engagements to large transformational programs. Project duration ranges from four weeks to six months or even beyond a year. Our client services include software selections, NetSuite implementations, platform strategy work, and NEXT ERP Transformati on projects.
We are looking for candidates with 2+ years of experience providing ERP support for large scale process/technology projects and/or other transformational technical initiatives.
Successful candidates will have experience in/participated in the following types of activities:
* Hands on functional knowledge of at least one ERP solution (knowledge of mid-market ERP landscape a plus)
* Must have been an active team member on at least 2 full-cycle ERP implementations
* Functional knowledge within the following areas: Lead to Close, Order to Cash, Procure to Pay, Plan to Produce, Record to Report, Recruit to Retire (any other industry specific knowledge is a plus (e.g., TMS, WMS, PSA, EAM, etc.))
* Organize and coordinate client and WMP functional teams (i.e., demonstrate core project management skills)
* Enable client-specific ERP requirements:
- Understand and document client processes and requirements
- Facilitate client workshops focused on designing future state business process and requirements
- Translate requirements into ERP configurations, depending on software
- Tailor WMP’s ERP methodology to specific client needs
* Identify and coordinate data conversion and interfaces
* Lead user testing and acceptance
Enterprise Resource Planning Experienced Consultants at West Monroe Partners have three primary responsibilities:
* Provide leadership and guidance to resources below you (consultant and experienced consultants) to ensure that they have the support required to be successful on the project
* Assist the Project Manager with activities such as making updates to the overall project plan, keeping track of the project financials
* Own deliverable development
* Define and buildout methodologies that WMP goes to market with, develop market facing assets and accelerators
* Teach and train younger consultants the skills required to succeed within the ERP space.
* Help with the interviewing process to ensure that we bring in only the best and brightest to the firm
* Assist with business development activities such as working with leadership, farming for potential opportunities at existing clients
* Participate in our business development process as a subject matter expert
* Assist with proposal development/BD efforts, developing proposals and statements of work
* Bachelor’s degree in related discipline (e.g., Finance/Accounting, Supply Chain, Economics, Engineering, Management/Business, Information Technology, MIS, etc.)
* 2+ years of “hands on” ERP configuration and/or use
* 3+ years of progressive experience in understanding and configuring ERP systems (any)
* Prior consulting from either a large/strategic consultancy or internal ERP/IT group is preferred
* Willingness and ability to work with and develop and coach our junior team members
* Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communications and customer relations skills
* Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
* Ability to work permanently in the United States without sponsorship
* Ability to travel up to 70%
Think you've got what it takes? Join our team and make us better.
West Monroe Partners is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer -
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law.