Future Factory, Senior Consultant at West Monroe
West Monroe isn’t a start-up consulting firm, but we act like one.
From day one, our people have the opportunity to make a definitive personal impact for their clients and their careers. What does this mean? It means we seek out the best of the best, and then we challenge them to make us better.
If you are looking to be a “behind the scenes” consultant, this isn’t the place for you. We celebrate driven professionals who thrive in a collaborative environment. Our consultants work on front lines – partnering with clients working shoulder to shoulder to deliver game changing solutions in the most dynamic industries. Sound interesting? Then West Monroe Partners just might be the place for you.
Think you’re up to the challenge?
West Monroe Partners (WMP) has an immediate opportunity for Senior Consultant to help our growing Consumer and Industrial Products practice with a focus on Industry 4.0 and Operational Improvement opportunities. The Manager will have three main responsibilities:
- As a Senior Consultant within our C&IP Practice, you will be expected to provide delivery oversight on client engagements, manage relationships with client leadership and deliver compelling offerings that are relevant and thought-provoking while creating significant shareholder value.
- This role entails significant responsibility in developing new business, managing the client relationship at the executive levels while providing direction and oversight to project teams. Most importantly, candidates should be passionate about what they do and enjoy a fun, entrepreneurial environment.
- A BS degree or equivalent
- Must have managed and/or supported the delivery of relevant consulting engagements in the local market in the past 3 years
- 2+ years’ experience managing and/or delivering teams of consultants and technologists OR 7+ years in an operational / technology leadership role in manufacturing
- Membership and visibility in relevant professional organizations
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills; with an in-depth knowledge of project planning and delivery methodologies
- Strong communication skills to be able to work with clients at all levels of the organization – from the shop floor to the board room
- Ability to travel up to 75%
- Functional knowledge of industrial / consumer manufacturing value chain – particularly in one or more of the following sectors: Industrial Products and Equipment, Consumer Packaged Goods, Chemicals, Specialty Materials, Durable Goods, Food & Beverage, Automotive/Transportation
- Experience with mid-market manufacturing businesses ($500M - $5B in Revenue)
- Functional knowledge of discreet manufacturing and/or process manufacturing operations – including but not limited to the following functions: planning/forecasting, supply management, procurement, sales and operations planning, engineering, production scheduling, maintenance, production controls, quality control, inventory management, supply chain, warehouse and distribution.
- Ability to identify and quantify business cases impacting the P&L and/or balance sheet for manufacturing or supply chain use cases
- Also desired is a track record of manufacturing client project delivery success that should include: System Implementation / Integration, Cost Savings, Process Improvement, Production Capacity Improvement, Organizational Effectiveness, Supply Chain, Capital Project Management, and Maintenance / Reliability Improvement
- Must have been an active team member or PM on at least 3 operational and/or performance transformation programs for manufacturing clients
- Strong functional knowledge within the following systems and applications: ERP, MRP, S&OP / Production Scheduling, Maintenance Management / Scheduling, Labor Management Systems, Warehouse Management Systems, SCADA, Quality and/or Laboratory Management Systems,
- Lean Six Sigma / Continuous Improvement experience and/or certification is a plus
Think you’ve got what it takes? Join our team and make us better.