GoldenGate Database Administrator/Developer at SDI Presence
The Oracle Database Administrator & GoldenGate Developer will have solid experience in design, build and support of Golden Gate Solutions for one of our large Utility clients. This position will also be responsible for the Oracle Database performance tuning, Database High Availability design and implementation, and PLSQL/Perl/shell programming. The Oracle Database Administrator and GoldenGate Developer is responsible for tasks such as project management, development of best practices, and repeatable procedures for deploying golden gate changes to the databases, as well as day-to-day operational activities. This position will report to the Operations Manager.
- Implementation of monitoring scripts for GoldenGate in shell or Perl scripting
- The creation of the GoldenGate replication for tables from source to target
- Supporting Data Conversions teams with source data
- Troubleshoot performance-related tuning for a GoldenGate replication
- Working with multiple project implementation teams to support varying amounts of data
- The delivery of enterprise databases architecture projects such as Oracle database infrastructure design, builds, upgrades, migrations, support, and performance tuning
- Closely working with other DBAs, application administrators, development teams, and test teams to define requirements and develop solutions to complex problems
- 7+ years of overall IT-related experience
- 5+ years of GoldenGate Database Administration experience
- Experience with scripting for replicate, pump, and trail files
- Initial extracts/replicate from DB2 for large data volume in millions of rows
- Troubleshooting and performance tuning GoldenGate replication
- Implementing necessary monitoring scripts for GoldenGate in shell or Perl scripting
- Implementing restart, logging, error handling, and notification
- Support Data Conversion teams with source data
- Project implementation and experience supporting multiple teams with data
- Working with Oracle on SRs for critical issues
- Strong oral and written communication skills along with problem-solving skills
- Understanding and Working on service tickets, incidents in Azure DevOps, JIRA, Service Now tools
- Experience as Oracle RAC DBA
- Experience with ExaCS is a plus
- GoldenGate Monitor and Veridata experience a plus
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
SDI Presence is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. SDI Presence makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.